Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-1` and ISO

In green mode, my K-1 seems not ever to adjust ISO, but to keep ISO constant while adjusting shutter speed and aperture only. Is this normal for the K-1? I thought green mode should adjust all three variables. I am still under the original firmware.

04-21-2017, 10:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In AUTO (green mode) if you want auto-ISO you need to press the ISO button followed by the green button. Same procedure as in P; Tv; or Av.
04-22-2017, 02:26 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
In AUTO (green mode) if you want auto-ISO you need to press the ISO button followed by the green button. Same procedure as in P; Tv; or Av.
Thank you . . . probably I should be reading the manual!
04-22-2017, 04:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That seems odd ..... I'd have thought that green mode would be the obvious one to default to auto-ISO ....

04-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
That seems odd ..... I'd have thought that green mode would be the obvious one to default to auto-ISO ....
It is a little odd. I checked how my K-3 works and on my K-3 Green mode does in fact control ISO level. It would be interesting to know why the Green mode was changed on the K-1 from how it worked on the K-3. It is not particularly bothersome to leave ISO variability out of the Green mode, just curious why they changed it.
04-22-2017, 06:53 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The way to get it to default to auto ISO is to make sure your K1 "memory settings" has "sensitivity" un-checked. Then every time you turn the camera on it will default to auto ISO.

This will be for all modes (except Sv)
04-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The way to get it to default to auto ISO is to make sure your K1 "memory settings" has "sensitivity" un-checked. Then every time you turn the camera on it will default to auto ISO.

Thank you . . . verified.

06-20-2017, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

I know this thread has been inactive for awhile but I wanted to thank you for posting this information. Recently my K-1 started defaulting to auto iso upon startup whereas before it had always retained the iso setting present at shutdown, which is my preference as I would rather not have to manually change the setting every time I restart the camera. I spent a huge amount of time going through the owners manual and my ebook k-1 manual but could find no way to change the iso setting from defaulting to auto. Finally I did a search on this forum for "iso default" and found this thread. Sure enough, the sensitivity setting was unchecked, apparently because I had inadvertently unchecked it recently. I checked "sensitivity" and problem solved.

From now on when I have such a problem with my K-1 I will search these forums first rather than as a last resort. The quantity of info here is incredible. But I'm wondering how did you know to do this when the info doesn't seem to be available in the expected sources (unless I missed it)?? Once again, thanks very much.
06-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
But I'm wondering how did you know to do this when the info doesn't seem to be available in the expected sources (unless I missed it)?? Once again, thanks very much.
I can't remember to be honest. Perhaps when I got my K1 in November it was defaulting to Auto ISO (default setting ?) and I took the opposite approach of changing the memory option so it would always default to what I had last set.

Anyway, glad to have been of service.