Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #1

K-1 bug or operator error? It won't save Custom Image parameters.

I have been through the manual repeatedly and am apparently missing something....

When I modify the Custom Image setting, I am unable to save the individual parameters (saturation, hue, high/low key, etc) within the image finishing tone (landscape, vibrant, etc) within any of the 5 programmable user modes. The "memory" menu item on page 5 of the Record Mode menu is grayed out and inaccessible from U1-U5. I tried reprogramming the User Modes after setting up the P mode the way that I want, including the individual parameters (and verified that the "memory" menu item was accessible and "Custom Image" was checked). After saving the P mode to one of the U modes and cycling the power, the parameters are once again cleared and "memory" is grayed out again. After saving a User Mode, I've checked the "Saved Settings" menu item and the parameters all show that they have been changed, but after cycling the power, they are right back to the default settings. At some point, it obviously worked because U1 and U2 do have some parameters which are not the default ones, but now I cannot change and save new settings to either of those modes - the camera goes right back to the same parameters after saving and cycling the power.

I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks.

04-22-2017, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you have a user defined mode (U1 - U5) selected the Memory menu will be grayed out since it is for the user mode memory slot to reload the settings next time the user mode is selected.

What should work is to switch to P mode, establish your settings, then save into a user mode. I believe you can ignore the Memory menu altogether in this context - it has no effect on the user mode.

What could be tripping you up is the saving process into user mode. Make sure that you get all the way to the SAVE commend and then hit the OK button.
04-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
When you have a user defined mode (U1 - U5) selected the Memory menu will be grayed out since it is for the user mode memory slot to reload the settings next time the user mode is selected.

What should work is to switch to P mode, establish your settings, then save into a user mode. I believe you can ignore the Memory menu altogether in this context - it has no effect on the user mode.

What could be tripping you up is the saving process into user mode. Make sure that you get all the way to the SAVE commend and then hit the OK button.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I had assumed that was why the Memory menu item was grayed out. I was reasonably certain that I had saved things properly, but just tried it again to be sure. After setting up the P mode the way that I wanted and saving it to a user mode, I then checked the user mode that I had saved it to and verified that the parameters had transferred in their entirety. However, after cycling the power, they were all zeroed out again.

Last edited by The Kid; 04-22-2017 at 07:28 PM.
04-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
Bump.