Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Can Pixel Shift and MUP Be Set To Remain On At K-1 Startup?

I use my K-1 almost exclusively for landscapes and usually use pixel shift and mirror lockup. I set PS using the control panel and MUP using the button just above the four way controller followed by the top button on the four way controller. When the camera is turned off and then on again the camera reverts to both PS and MUP being off. Is there anyway the camera can be set so these two functions remain on full time? That is, when the camera is turned back on they would remain present as default settings and not need to be reset? I couldn't find anything on this in the user manual or in a search on this forum. Thanks for any help.

04-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check the memory menu under the setup tab. I'm pretty sure the drive mode is in there, and I wouldn't be surprised if PSR were there, too.

If not, you can create a user mode with these settings.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-30-2017, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Check the memory menu under the setup tab. I'm pretty sure the drive mode is in there, and I wouldn't be surprised if PSR were there, too.
Yes, both are available in Memory (Camera 5 screen in Menu).
04-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
I use my K-1 almost exclusively for landscapes and usually use pixel shift and mirror lockup. I set PS using the control panel and MUP using the button just above the four way controller followed by the top button on the four way controller. When the camera is turned off and then on again the camera reverts to both PS and MUP being off. Is there anyway the camera can be set so these two functions remain on full time? That is, when the camera is turned back on they would remain present as default settings and not need to be reset? I couldn't find anything on this in the user manual or in a search on this forum. Thanks for any help.
In addition to the other answers, you can probably set how you want things as a user mode. This might overall be a better approach.

05-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to all three of you for the input. I was able to set MUP to stay on using menu 5, memory, drive mode but have been unable to find a way to do the same for PS. PS isn't present when the camera is turned back on whether it was set with the info screen or Fx1 button in button customization. Any other suggestions?
05-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have User 1 set to have pixel shift with remote control drive mode, aperture of f11 and iso of 100. With that, the pixel shift sticks. I'm not sure about in other modes like Av mode, though.
05-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
Thanks to all three of you for the input. I was able to set MUP to stay on using menu 5, memory, drive mode but have been unable to find a way to do the same for PS. PS isn't present when the camera is turned back on whether it was set with the info screen or Fx1 button in button customization. Any other suggestions?
???

"Pixel Shift Resolution" is certainly there, on the second of three screens under Memory (menu 5). In all, there are 17 items that can be set using the Memory, and that includes both Drive Mode and PSR.

Which firmware version do you have installed? Mine is 1.41.

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 05-01-2017 at 03:09 PM.
05-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
???

"Pixel Shift Resolution" is certainly there, on the second of three screens under Memory (menu 5). In all, there are 17 items that can be set using the Memory, and that includes both Drive Mode and PSR.

Which firmware version do you have installed? Mine is 1.41.
Found it, thanks very much. Both functions are now on when I turn the camera on. Much appreciate the help of all who responded.