Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Interval shooting multi-exposure

Hi, not sure if I missed this in the drive mode settings, but was shooting some multi-exposure shots last week and using a wireless shutter which was okay, but would've been slightly easier if I could have just set the multi-exposure shots to run on an interval. Didn't see it when clicking through, tried the interval composite option but that just took a bunch of separate pictures. Is it an available option?

David

05-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The interval composite option should do the trick. However if you select the setting "Save Progress" (press Info set settings in drive mode), then an image will be saved for each progressive composite. I normally leave "Save Progress" off so I get one image at the end.
05-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by dtra Quote
Hi, not sure if I missed this in the drive mode settings, but was shooting some multi-exposure shots last week and using a wireless shutter which was okay, but would've been slightly easier if I could have just set the multi-exposure shots to run on an interval. Didn't see it when clicking through, tried the interval composite option but that just took a bunch of separate pictures. Is it an available option?

David
Did you check the manual pages 60 thru 62? It's all there.
05-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys, no, I didn't have the manual with me, will have a look tonight. I'll double check the pictures it took with the interval composite function too, I guess it must've worked but so gradually I didn't notice.

05-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #5

While Pentax does a pretty good job explaining functions in the menu system, there are a few instances where they can't/don't say enough in the available space. My solution is to download the manual PDFs into my phone, so it's always handy.