Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-1 tethered? Is it possible to transfer jpeg but not dng?

I am trying to figure out, if there is a way to choose only jpeg files to be tethered in Lightroom, not raw files.

Tethering DNG files takes so terribly long time that they are not useful in previewing while shooting, which is my only purpose in tethering.
I would like to save raw files in a memory card for the latter editing purpose regardles of viewing jpegs.

Is the only reasonable way to use tethered shooting just keep on shooting in jpeg only?

06-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since the Lightroom plugin provides rudimentary camera control and automatic import into Lightroom, the captured image is saved directly (across the wire) to your computer's storage. That being the case, the short answer would be no when using that tool.

It might be helpful if you explained your flow and the intent for the preview image.

Steve
06-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Then I just have to shoot jpeg, whenever I need tethering.

My purpose to use tethering is just preview the photos in the middle of the shooting. If I want want to see better the slightest nuyances than on the LCD-screen of the camera, or show the result for someone. That is not very often.

Not a big deal! I can always take a break and look the previews straight from the sd-card.
06-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For the record you can pick the file format when using Image Transmitter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: