Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Replacement Focusing Screen for K1

Anyone know where I can get an original focusing screen for my K1? Mine has some minor scratches - no big deal but in case I want to replace it some day. Are they even available? I hope I don't have to send my camera in as a repair somewhere just to replace the screen.

Last edited by sibyrnes; 08-09-2017 at 06:33 PM.
08-09-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How did it get scratched, if you don't mind me asking?
08-09-2017, 06:55 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
How did it get scratched, if you don't mind me asking?
Not sure, probably careless cleaning on my part. They seem to have a much softer, easier to damage surface than my old LX screens. I think I just bumped it with my finger nail.
08-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sibyrnes Quote
Not sure, probably careless cleaning on my part. They seem to have a much softer, easier to damage surface than my old LX screens. I think I just bumped it with my finger nail.
Ah. That's soft indeed!

08-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #5

Pentax used to sell screens on the old Pentax Webstore but they were no longer listed when Ricoh US moved the store to the Ricoh Imaging US website.

Since Ricoh lists the screen on the K-1 as non-User interchangeable it is doubtful they will sell you a screen anyway.
08-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yeah, you may have to send it in unless the screen from another model can be used, which sounds unlikely.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-08-2018, 04:02 PM   #7

Í hace same problem. Í read Natural Bright Matte III focusing screen is in the k3... this work in mi k1

01-07-2023, 01:32 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
A Canon Ec screen seems to fit after removing the tab. Iacidently ordered a Canon E type L screen. These come in a metal frame, after the removal of the frame they are a bit smaller than the Pentax screen but can also be used. Unfortunately, I scratched mine because I had no plastic pliers. It focuses very well and seems to be brighter than the original. The autofocus seems to improve also, faster and more precise. But I did not test that extensively. Also, I need to test it in bright light to check the exposure, in low light that seems to be ok.
The biggest drawback is that it seems to be not perfectly centered.
I am very happy with the result for now.

I am planning to collect several Ec screens as they seem to fit correctly according to a post on this site, I just ordered an EC-A,after I removed the tab and placed it in the camera I will add the result to this post.
01-07-2023, 01:07 PM   #9

I doubt an APS-C sized screen will fit on the K-1.
03-29-2023, 04:13 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
Focusing Screen