Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #196

Is there a way to trigger the autofocus in the remote control? I don’t seem to be able to find anything about it...also, what does that little button in the bottom right hand corner do? Thanks.

05-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #197
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by orcscar Quote
Is there a way to trigger the autofocus in the remote control? I don’t seem to be able to find anything about it...also, what does that little button in the bottom right hand corner do? Thanks.
I've been wondering about this too...
05-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #198
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by orcscar Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Genobreaker Quote
I've been wondering about this too...
Image Sync App functional controls!

Also a new version 2.04 is available.

Functional Explanation / Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
06-04-2019, 09:29 AM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if development on the Pentax Photo Sync app has stopped. the developer has not visited here since July 2018. I am not referring to the Ricoh Image Sync app but to the app developed by Xiaoming.

06-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe. Haven't heard from Xiaoming for awhile
06-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
According to the iOS App Store, the last update was six months ago. Before that, there was a flurry of activity about 12 months ago. You could say its development is mature, now.
07-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #202

Transfer of pictures from camera to phone

Hi, I have a K-S2. I bought your app for my iphone. It seems to work but my concern is when the phone locks, it resets and stops downloading the pictures to the phone. This means I have to stand by the phone for literally over an hour to donwload X # of pictures to my phone each time. Any thoughts? The same issue happened with the image sync app from Pentax so I spent the $ to download yours...

let me know!

thanks

07-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #203
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pecnewbie Quote
Hi, I have a K-S2. I bought your app for my iphone. It seems to work but my concern is when the phone locks, it resets and stops downloading the pictures to the phone. This means I have to stand by the phone for literally over an hour to donwload X # of pictures to my phone each time. Any thoughts? The same issue happened with the image sync app from Pentax so I spent the $ to download yours...
If the same issue happened with both the official, and this alternative, apps, have you considered there might be an issue related to your phone and OS? Have you tested with a different phone to rule out this possibility?

Just a thought
07-29-2019, 05:47 AM   #204

Anybody tried using the app on an iPad as an external monitor?
I acknowledge that if I turn on live view on the K1 and fire up the app it should work as a mirror of the internal display.

Thanx

L.
07-29-2019, 07:27 AM   #205

The preview is unstoppable

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by pecnewbie

let me know!

thanks
I had the same problem with Ricoh ImageSync on my iPhone. When trying to transfer one picture from the K1 to the phone, the app downloads a preview of ALL pictures on the sdxc-Card before asking me, which picture I want to transfer.

No way to stop the preview ! I just can wait for the end of transfer with a rate of three pictures a second. Really long time ! This app works fine as long as there are only few picture on your card. But I didn't find a usable solution for a sdxc card, which isn't nearly empty. The other apps I didn't tested, because there was no hint in the manual, that it's possible to select a picture without the transfer of all previews. So I assumed, that they will have the same problem with the preview.

At the end I used my old EyeFi card in the second slot of the camera. When I want to transfer a picture to the phone, I select the picture with the camera. The camera can handle a sdxc card which is nearly full. No problem. I make a copy from this picture to the EyeFi card in the second slot. The cards starts it's own WiFi and sends out this one picture at once. The iPhone catches it with the Keenai app. Done. (But you need a second slot. )
01-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #206
Site Supporter

Does it work on pentax Kp?
01-30-2020, 01:12 PM   #207
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Riddler Quote
Does it work on pentax Kp?
QuoteQuote:
Theoretically supports all Pentax WIFI models
Photo Sync - Companion for Pentax/Ricoh Cameras - Apps on Google Play
02-09-2020, 03:24 AM   #208

Can you use this app like a Remote timer controller? i'm looking for one but i can't find a decent one for the K1... if it aint possible maybe some off you know a good one that i can get. I'd love to try m.lup for the startracker.
02-10-2020, 02:14 AM   #209

Hi,

you can, at least partially: I do use it to control exposure during timelapses as the K-1 is fired from an external intervalometer and controller, so its settings are not locked as when you shoot a timelapse with the internal one.

This is particularly handy for Holy Grail shoots (day to night and vice versa) where you need to adjust exposure without touching the camera.

It works but I wish it would be more responsive and give you access to more parameters, but I guess some, like the mirroring of the live view, are only usable in certain conditions. Triggering the camera works but it's a bit finnicky.

Cheers
02-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #210

I tried to find Photo sync app (not image sync), but it does not exist, or at least I can not find it at the moment. Google is only throwing me some spam sites Does anyone have this app, is able to share it? Or provide a link to a malware-free site?
Closed Thread