Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I'm curious to know if anyone knows any way (besides super glue) to get the Special Edition hotshoe cap to stay on securely? It's slipped off a couple times already, and I thought it was gone for good yesterday. Luckily I found it in a different bag.
i always take my hot shoe covers off when I get a new camera and stick them in the box for safe keeping. I don't think they serve any purpose that I know of.

10-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I'm curious to know if anyone knows any way (besides super glue) to get the Special Edition hotshoe cap to stay on securely? It's slipped off a couple times already, and I thought it was gone for good yesterday. Luckily I found it in a different bag.
Answer is simple: Using standard one.
I think this is a reason to why K-1 Silver bundle contains standard hotshoe cap and "Special" one

P.S.
I don't remember when I covered hotshoe with cap last time on my cameras, because I use external flash pretty often.
10-05-2017, 07:58 AM - 4 Likes   #18

He has finally arrived! Here he is with his older sister:

After a quick test drive of this beast and I'm already in love with it. Sporting the 31mm, it was amazing to see the difference in AF and just overall beauty. This has been the best day of my life right behind the birth of my kids...And only just.
10-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #19
tax

QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
He has finally arrived! Here he is with his older sister:

After a quick test drive of this beast and I'm already in love with it. Sporting the 31mm, it was amazing to see the difference in AF and just overall beauty. This has been the best day of my life right behind the birth of my kids...And only just.
Could you tell please whether this silver colored prism cover made of plastic or metal.

10-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by tax Quote
Could you tell please whether this silver colored prism cover made of plastic or metal.
I'm fairly confident it isn't metal. Is the black version metal?
10-30-2017, 11:45 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the prism case needs to be plastic to allow the GPS to work properly.
10-31-2017, 12:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would look ridiculous if they had to put SMA anntennae on the prism housing just to get the GPS to work.

10-31-2017, 08:20 PM   #23

I'm fairly confident it isn't metal. Is the black version metal?
All body cover made from plastic Nothing changed in comparing with "Black" version except plastic color for most parts of body.
Ah... yes... there is addition hot shoe cap which has aluminium cover and "Pentax K-1 Silver Edition" logo.

Last edited by tregubovav; 10-31-2017 at 08:29 PM.
10-31-2017, 09:01 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by tregubovav Quote
All body cover made from plastic Nothing changed in comparing with "Black" version except plastic color for most parts of body.
Ah... yes... there is addition hot shoe cap which has aluminium cover and "Pentax K-1 Silver Edition" logo.
I'm going to be honest, I haven't fully opened the box to check all the other contents...I literally took the camera and battery out only and have left the other stuff in tact. I should look for that limited hot shoe cover. It looks nice.
11-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to be honest, I haven't fully opened the box to check all the other contents...I literally took the camera and battery out only and have left the other stuff in tact. I should look for that limited hot shoe cover. It looks nice.
Keep it off the hotshoe as it is loose and will drop off.
11-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #26

It certainly has a "classic" or "retro" look to it. Very nice.
11-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Keep it off the hotshoe as it is loose and will drop off.
Yeah, I don't see how having that on when you're out and about would be a good idea...It's gonna attract magpies.

Last edited by Munki; 11-01-2017 at 03:47 PM.
11-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #28

Got my K1 Silver Edition. Looks great, just a right balance of black and silver. Its not overdone with silver.
My hot shoe cap seems to be on snug.
11-12-2017, 05:39 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I don't see how having that on when you're out and about would be a good idea...It's gonna attract magpies.

Yes, the human kind kekeke