Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Menu>Custom>Change AF Point Button>Type1 or Type2

Just as what's in the subject matter, I cannot figure out what this option does and where it applies.

Can anyone explain this customisation?

Cheers,

Bruce

10-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
AF1 - Autofocus is performed when [AF] is pressed.

AF2 - Autofocus is performed when [AF] is pressed. Half press of [SHUTTER] is disabled.

Usually, half pressing [SHUTTER] focuses the lens; this option disables that.
10-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Keith23 Quote
AF1 - Autofocus is performed when [AF] is pressed.

AF2 - Autofocus is performed when [AF] is pressed. Half press of [SHUTTER] is disabled.

Usually, half pressing [SHUTTER] focuses the lens; this option disables that.
Hmm... I'm not sure that is it? I already understand the option at Menu 5>Button Customisation> AF Button etc., what I am pointing to is at the subject matter line... (unless I have misunderstood).
10-02-2017, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is related to the operation of the little button abover the 4 way controller. One mode means you have to press the button to enable use of the 4 arrow keys to move the focus point, the other mode means you have to press the button to disable the arrow keys for Af point and revert to normal funtcion

10-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
It is related to the operation of the little button abover the 4 way controller. One mode means you have to press the button to enable use of the 4 arrow keys to move the focus point, the other mode means you have to press the button to disable the arrow keys for Af point and revert to normal funtcion
So from what I gather, Type 2 makes it so that even if the 4 way controller is in the mode that is not currently in directional focus points (ie Scene, WB adjustment instead etc), then when you turn off the device and back on then it boots back up to forcing the 4 way controller to being back to being focus point selector and not where it was last left off (ie scene, WB etc).

With Type 1 it seems to be whatever the four point controller was last used for would be the same upon a shutdown and restart?

So by choosing Type 2, with a power down and back up again it is always set to being AF focus control using the 4 directional pads and never start as being WB, Scene selector etc. This is pretty handy, for those that use Single focus point selector, quickly pick up the camera, turn on and can shoot straight away and use the 4 way directional pad without worrying if its still in WB, Scene mode from when last used etc.
10-02-2017, 02:45 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Unregistered User

Type 1. Press the little button once and you have the AF selection active. Press again and you have standard controls.

Type 2. Press the little button once and you have standard functions active. Make a selection, 2s timer for instance, or change white balance. Now it automatically reverts to AF-point selection. You will have to push the little button every time you wish to make a selection other than AF-points.
10-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Type 1. Press the little button once and you have the AF selection active. Press again and you have standard controls.

Type 2. Press the little button once and you have standard functions active. Make a selection, 2s timer for instance, or change white balance. Now it automatically reverts to AF-point selection. You will have to push the little button every time you wish to make a selection other than AF-points.
Ah yes, excellent, thanks for that