Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #1

Fro...such a helpless dork...

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a laugh with you all, so there you go, at the link below:

CANON Going Full Frame Mirrorless? NIKON D850 SCORES BIG? Google BEATS Apple | Photo News Fix - YouTube

Enjoy...

L.

10-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing :P
10-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
YT is great for getting an idea about the newer stuff but FRO is the last guy id watch.
10-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #4

I should watch him more often. I find him amusing. Thanks for the link.

10-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting. I must admit I had not watched his videos before but have started now and I'm enjoying what I'm seeing.
10-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
he is definitely a dork,
but he is:
entertaining
not a terrible photographer
he "does" shoot in RAW lol.
10-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Yes, yes he is a dork. He is also fun to watch.

When he posted this video, I am the one in the comments that gets on him a little bit for not getting a K-1 and trying it out.

10-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Yes, yes he is a dork. He is also fun to watch.

When he posted this video, I am the one in the comments that gets on him a little bit for not getting a K-1 and trying it out.
i used to watch him all the time, kinda got sick of him though. might have to start up again.
I love it when he bashes rockwell.....
10-11-2017, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

This guy is so terrible.. I never know when he is "joking" or serious, because he talks nonsense pretty much 100% of the time. All he does is shout at the camera confidently. Its worse than Ken Rockwell. His demographic are insecure photographers who need someone to shout out validations at them; and people who watch him to feel better about themselves by comparison
10-11-2017, 11:06 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
This guy is so terrible
Yes....
10-12-2017, 12:51 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by link81 Quote
i used to watch him all the time, kinda got sick of him though. might have to start up again.
I love it when he bashes rockwell.....
Same here, I started watching him a couple of years back, and found him funny and kind of informative.
Then after a while I started to find him "fatiguing" like he never pauses...he is always shouting 100% and that makes him boring, so I unsubscribed to his channel.
He pops up every once in a while on my YT suggestions...so I kind of stumbled upon this one...

Peter McKinnon is another Youtuber that has this "in your face" style that is funny in the beginning but gets pretty stale after you get past the jokes and stuff...I find Tony Northrup more balanced in this regard.

After all...Fro only talks about Nikon and Canon...like the market didn't offer anything else, so this comes as no surprise...
10-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I wonder... why making this guy more publicity and giving him more traffic than he deserves...
Comicality and self-depreciation (read: making an a$$ of yourself coram populo) attract much more attention & views than genuinely useful content, that's the way it is nowadays... just think about people like Kai (or this one)...

QuoteOriginally posted by gerax Quote
After all...Fro only talks about Nikon and Canon...like the marketing didn't offer anything else, so this comes as no surprise...
FTFY...
10-12-2017, 05:54 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
His demographic are insecure photographers who need someone to shout out validations at them; and people who watch him to feel better about themselves by comparison
common, give it a break..
At least, his videos are well made imo. whether it is informative is a personal call
10-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #14

Original Poster
I'm OK with the sarcasm, I'm OK with the the style (which I find boring after a while), but I'm definitely not OK with biased, non objective reviews...I guess if he took a K1 for a spin in his own hands he would certainly change his mind and shut the @#§* up, but we certainly would never know as these people just are too full of themselves to admit mistakes...

Besides...almost everybody with a YT channel is able to make good, technically well made videos...it's what you say that matters IMHO.

L.
10-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grispie Quote
common, give it a break..
Ok ok, I was a bit harsh. Shouldn't demean his viewers, as its a varied group. I just don't "get it". So, apologies to anyone that felt stung by my sentence above