Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K1 Bracketing Question

I've been through the manual more than several times. I have been in bracketing mode and out of it. I want to get back into bracketing mode, but right at now I can't seem to get there.
  • I'm in the Standby screen. According to page 59 of the manual I should just be able to use the the ^ button to get into the drive mode (just like the K5), when bracketing is enabled, but it's not happening. So, there is something that I don't have set right. One would think that I should be able to get into drive mode directly, from just about anywhere.
  • What I'm aiming to do is to switch from 3 frames to 5 frames for bracketing, and also for the future switch into burst mode along with the other options of the drive mode.
Thanks!

10-14-2017, 01:00 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Unregistered User

So you cant change into self timer or continous shooting aswell?

Are your AF point changing when pressing UP?

Press the little button next to the UP button and try again...
10-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I've been through the manual more than several times. I have been in bracketing mode and out of it. I want to get back into bracketing mode, but right at now I can't seem to get there.
  • I'm in the Standby screen. According to page 59 of the manual I should just be able to use the the ^ button to get into the drive mode (just like the K5), when bracketing is enabled, but it's not happening. So, there is something that I don't have set right. One would think that I should be able to get into drive mode directly, from just about anywhere.
  • What I'm aiming to do is to switch from 3 frames to 5 frames for bracketing, and also for the future switch into burst mode along with the other options of the drive mode.
Thanks!
If you've set C20, then you'll need to press the AF point selection button before the 4-way controller gets unlocked. The status screen should show you the current role of the different buttons.

Also, if you set the settings dial to bracketing, you can easily switch in and out of bracketing using it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
  • So you cant change into self timer or continous shooting aswell? - that's correct, I can't get into the drive mode in order to change to any of the options there.
  • Are your AF point changing when pressing UP? When I am in the [auto33] mode no. In the [auto9] and [sel] modes, yes - I can move the selection group/point around using the arrow keys.
  • Press the little button next to the UP button and try again... The [-|-] button? That was it!!! Who would of thought? I guess I hit that button by mistake out in the dark when I was out in the field during one of the last few outings.

---------- Post added 10-14-17 at 01:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you've set C20, then you'll need to press the AF point selection button before the 4-way controller gets unlocked. The status screen should show you the current role of the different buttons.

Also, if you set the settings dial to bracketing, you can easily switch in and out of bracketing using it.
... it was the "Change AF Point/Card Switch Button". I really never change AF points, so that would have been the last thing that I would have ever consider. Must have hit the button out in the dark.

---------- Post added 10-14-17 at 02:04 PM ----------

Thanks - All !!!! I now think that I had read sometime in the past about this button - anyway, it's now seared into my memory.

Last edited by interested_observer; 10-14-2017 at 01:47 PM.