Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Flash PC Socket

I'm just geting used to my new K-1 and have a dumb question : how do you remove the plastic plug in the PC flash socket on the side of the prism housing? Does it have a screw thread (I'm aware the electrical connector itself does not) or should it just pull out?

I have tried both unscrewing and just pulling with fingers. Both are difficult to do as there is nothing to get your finger-nails behind to pull and the serrations are too low to apply much turning force. Next step is to apply tools of some sort, but I'd rather know which way to go first.

10-18-2017, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It's screwed in but it's a pretty fine thread so it takes half a dozen full turns to get it out.
10-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
It's screwed in but it's a pretty fine thread so it takes half a dozen full turns to get it out.
...and it is fairly easy to cross-thread when putting back on. (Mine on the K-3 is getting pretty worn.) A standard connection cap will probably fit and I believe I saw an eBay listing where compatible caps could be purchased a dozen at a time.

Steve
10-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I believe I saw an eBay listing where compatible caps could be purchased a dozen at a time.
If it was, it is not anymore. I could not source them anywhere except some guy in Britain who has one for £25.95 on eBay there.

Steve

10-18-2017, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If it was, it is not anymore. I could not source them anywhere except some guy in Britain who has one for £25.95 on eBay there.
Steve
Hereʻs a generic one that isnʻt threaded but will work as a snap on:

Nisha PC Socket Cap PCSC B&H Photo Video
10-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Thanks for that. I shall try tomorrow turning it with a pair of jeweller's round-nosed pliers engaged in the recesses of the cap.