Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2017, 03:01 AM   #46
Veteran Member

How many of those are present at fixed positions? And what is the magnification in these samples? 100%?

12-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #47
tax

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
How many of those are present at fixed positions? And what is the magnification in these samples? 100%?
The magnification of the posted samples is 100%. I was able to identify 37 of these white dots, but there are may be more. I precisely mapped by coordinates 12 of them in different areas of the sensor just to verify that they persist in the same spots in all RAW images. I am calling Precision Camera today to elevate my sensor replacement demand.
12-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I still haven't made it to capturing any outdoor night shots (nasty weather here), but in the meantime, you might find interest in this thread unless you've already read it. Good luck with Precision Camera. Let us know how that goes.

Detected hot pixels - PentaxForums.com
12-27-2017, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #49
tax

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
I still haven't made it to capturing any outdoor night shots (nasty weather here), but in the meantime, you might find interest in this thread unless you've already read it. Good luck with Precision Camera. Let us know how that goes.

Detected hot pixels - PentaxForums.com
Thank you Bob 256, I will take a look at the thread you've mentioned.
I spoke today to Mr. Steve Mongrain, a senior manager at Precision Camera. I explained him precisely what the issues are and complained that neither one of them was addressed in the first time I sent them my camera in for a warranty repair. Then I directed him to this site and pointed to my thread with all relevant problem descriptions and posted sample images. Mr. Mongrain thanked me for detailed descriptions of the problems and said that a situation with my camera repair was not the one they expected to deal with. In the first time they proceeded with just a general diagnostic and service routine without looking into root cause of the described white dots problem. He promised me to get a feed back from his engineer and then decide, after consulting with Ricoh, on whether to replace just a sensor or the entire camera. Hopefully this time I will get a proper remedy for this white dots problem. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by tax; 12-27-2017 at 10:31 PM.
01-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #50
tax

Original Poster
Just got a call from Precision Camera this morning. They are going to replace the sensor in my K-1. Will see how my camera will perform after I get it and take test shots. I will keep you posted.
01-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tax Quote
Just got a call from Precision Camera this morning. They are going to replace the sensor in my K-1. Will see how my camera will perform after I get it and take test shots. I will keep you posted.
Good to know! I'm planning to send mine in mid february or so, hopefully they'll fix hot pixels in my long exposures.