Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #61
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Special Ed Quote
Hi y'all,

... And now I see that the AF540GZ II flash is on sale at B&H for $469.95 so it looks like I'm going to have to spend even more money
If you are thinking of bringing a flash with you to photograph interiors of castles and other historic buildings, bear in mind most now don't allow the use of flash or a tripod. The flash rule only seems to apply to SLRs, the flash from mobile phone cameras is fine...

03-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #62

Original Poster
Thanks, doodlebug. I have seen those signs in the castles, abbeys, etc on past trips. I think what I'm going to do is get a fast 50mm instead. Generally when indoors I don't take photos anyway but it'll be nice in case I want something better than the camera on my mobile to capture memories of what I see. The main photography collectors group here is having their big annual swap meet and sale in April so I'll have a chance to find what I need before my trip.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bag, camera, curve, dslr, filters, flash, full frame, full-frame, grad, k-1, k1, lens, lenses, light, lot, macro, money, pentax k-1, photography, portraits, primes, shots, time, trip