Attached Images

03-08-2018, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
I'd like to contribute the Pentax font INGPE100 to your spreadsheet
Do it! Looks wicked!

Unfortunately I won't have time this month to get around to doing it myself, flat out busy but by all means be my guest. If you can't then leave it with me and I'll update it in the near future.
There are some restrictions I believe, for example the bottom spreadsheet tabs, they can only have text :'(
03-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Forum member beholder3 did create this sheet with recommendations for user modes.
Pentax K-1 AF settings | Some of my personal AF setting pref? | Flickr
03-10-2018, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Forum member beholder3 did create this sheet with recommendations for user modes.
Pentax K-1 AF settings | Some of my personal AF setting pref? | Flickr
That's nice, nice to see it in a comparison kinda way huh. I'm no excel guru but I wouldn't be surprised if you could create a summary sheet from several workbooks, so if for example you have a folder with 5 of my excelworkbooks (User Mode 1-5), and then a 6th workbook that is able to pull data from the other Workbooks into a comparison form like this.

I'll ask on the Excel Forums.

05-05-2018, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

I like to vote this thread to get sticky
09-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can one still access the file Bruce? I tried but got "this file is no longer available"
09-25-2018, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Can one still access the file Bruce? I tried but got "this file is no longer available"
Odd, see if you can access it here in this zip file.

09-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Odd, see if you can access it here in this zip file.
Thank you Bruce!
Hell, you've done a lot of work with this. Amazing.
09-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Bruce!
Hell, you've done a lot of work with this. Amazing.
Thanks!

I wanted a way to record my own settings, for future referencing and also to go back to should I run out of User Modes. Five user modes is not enough for me, not for all the varied kinda shooting I do (macro, landscape, action, portrait, studio, indoor vs outdoor settings, etc etc). I thought about how the layout should be and I felt something that mimicked the back of the LCD made the most sense.

Be warned tho, it's not fully complete, I've noticed bugs in places, I'm just too busy currently to go back and fix them.

Glad you like it.
09-25-2018, 11:11 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks!

I wanted a way to record my own settings, for future referencing and also to go back to should I run out of User Modes. Five user modes is not enough for me, not for all the varied kinda shooting I do (macro, landscape, action, portrait, studio, indoor vs outdoor settings, etc etc). I thought about how the layout should be and I felt something that mimicked the back of the LCD made the most sense.

Be warned tho, it's not fully complete, I've noticed bugs in places, I'm just too busy currently to go back and fix them.

Glad you like it.
I can see that it will be easy to run out of user modes, considering the vast number of settings. I do wonder why they can't create a sort of toggle function where each of the user modes can toggle to 2 or three.
When you say "bugs", can you give me an example?
09-25-2018, 11:15 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I can see that it will be easy to run out of user modes, considering the vast number of settings. I do wonder why they can't create a sort of toggle function where each of the user modes can toggle to 2 or three.
When you say "bugs", can you give me an example?
Not off the top of my head, I tried to do more complex stuff like if you turn on a mode in the spreadsheet it would generate new cells for you to fill out, but then if you toggle the aforementioned option off, the cells that are related to it stay and don't 'hide' away again (I think). I mean it's pretty decent, decent enough to get the job done, save some settings for later, share with a friend, that's enough really.
09-25-2018, 11:23 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not off the top of my head, I tried to do more complex stuff like if you turn on a mode in the spreadsheet it would generate new cells for you to fill out, but then if you toggle the aforementioned option off, the cells that are related to it stay and don't 'hide' away again (I think). I mean it's pretty decent, decent enough to get the job done, save some settings for later, share with a friend, that's enough really.
Well, I think you've done a brilliant job, thank you!
02-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #28
Forum Member

subscribing...thanks!
10-10-2019, 12:50 PM - 3 Likes   #29
Pentaxian

Eight months has passed - time to remember and bring it up
I'm experimenting with the symbols from the Pentax ttf fonts.
Maybe i'll give an update in 2020
11-03-2019, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #30

I am a new owner of a K1 and just come across this thread and these files. Downloaded them. They are great. Thanks a lot to Bruce.