Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 96 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #196
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
More from Yaotomi.

Part 9: ???????????? ? PENTAX K-1 MarkII ??????? - ????
Part 10: ???????????? ? PENTAX K-1 MarkII ?????10? - ????

05-12-2018, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #197
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is quite a positive review from Trusted Reviews in the UK.

Pentax K-1 II Review | Trusted Reviews
05-12-2018, 06:52 AM   #198
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Adam, I watched the video that you posted on K1 MC. In it you say MC "possibly eliminates motion artifacts in a scene". That's an exaggeration too. Why pretend that it works better than it really does?
Pullease... what part of "possibly" do you not understand? Maybe the problem is your inability to interpret market speak.
Let me help, "probably" in market speak means "it might work some of the time." Pentax has already said the hand help pixel shift doesn't work as well as tripod mounted, so I hope I don't see you six months down the line saying Pentax actually said hand help pixels shift doesn't perform to you expectation as well.

Anyway the two important features of the K-1 mkII are improved AF and the accelerator chip cleaning up high ISO noise. There are forum posts that say both of those things are worth buying the camera for. Not interested in those two things, then stay with your K-1. I hope that helps.
05-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #199
Veteran Member

So where are the reviews about the improved AF? I see a ton of discussion around the noise performance, but to me af is probably more important since I mostly use iso 100 anyway..

05-12-2018, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #200
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
So where are the reviews about the improved AF? I see a ton of discussion around the noise performance, but to me af is probably more important since I mostly use iso 100 anyway..
I don't think you can expect people who are not really familiar with the camera to notice things like that.
05-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #201
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I don't think you can expect people who are not really familiar with the camera to notice things like that.
Mm, yet they notice the slight (well, arguable I guess) increase in ISO performance, and people split hairs on the amount of details at 400% crops till cows come home
I still can't decide if I want to upgrade or use that money towards the 50 1.4 whenever that comes out..
05-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #202
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I've read a number of posts (and a few unscientific reviews) on the Internet where a non-professional reviewer commented that the new K1 MkII has faster auto-focus than that same lens had on the K1. I expect that, in time, similar results will be reported by more qualified sources.

What impact the K1 MKII's automatic RAW denoising program has at high ISO's is of no concern to me as I always shoot at base ISO.

I do however greatly look forward to reading some head to head comparisions of the K1 MKII vs K1 when it comes to dynamic pixel shift (or what ever it's being called these days).

05-12-2018, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #203
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I've read a number of posts (and a few unscientific reviews) on the Internet where a non-professional reviewer commented that the new K1 MkII has faster auto-focus than that same lens had on the K1. I expect that, in time, similar results will be reported by more qualified sources.

What impact the K1 MKII's automatic RAW denoising program has at high ISO's is of no concern to me as I always shoot at base ISO.

I do however greatly look forward to reading some head to head comparisions of the K1 MKII vs K1 when it comes to dynamic pixel shift (or what ever it's being called these days).
Same, I mostly shoot at base iso. And I don't think i'll be using the Dynamic pixel shift either. But improved af might tip the scales for me
05-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At this point, with so many months has passed by since the original K-1 came out, it feels like it is a better use of money to save that money aside and put it towards the purchase of a new body, whatever the brand that maybe.
06-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #205
Veteran Member

A K-1 II review + a very nice gallery of K-1 II test & sample scene shots from wedding photographer Kenny Chi in Taiwan:

[Camera] PENTAX K-1 Mark II 經典的延續 - Kennychi Photography 陌生人之眼

He also has a good gallery of shots with the new DFA 50 f1.4:

PENTAX DFA 50mm F1.4 | Flickr