Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2018, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K1 green mode (full auto) and semi-auto

Last week I did an experiment: shoot the same subject outdoor with the green mode and also using Av or TAv mode with setting Auto WB and Auto selection of style, and exposure. I couldn't get the panel of colors produced by the green mode. I was expecting that auto style selection would produce the same rendering. No way. Did I forget something in the auto settings when not in green mode?

04-23-2018, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
pid
Pentaxian

did you try the CTE(white balance)? You will get great green and warm red tones
04-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is there a chance that Green mode adjusts a lot more settings (clarity, saturation, contrast, etc.) based on some automagical analysis of the scene? (And if it does then perhaps the details are deep in the EXIF someplace.)
04-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
did you try the CTE(white balance)? You will get great green and warm red tones
I've tried TAv and CTE, but couldn't match the green mode.

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Is there a chance that Green mode adjusts a lot more settings (clarity, saturation, contrast, etc.) based on some automagical analysis of the scene? (And if it does then perhaps the details are deep in the EXIF someplace.)
I like the look of photos taken with the green mode, but I'd still want to have control over shutter speed and aperture...

04-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Did you set the jpeg profile to bright? You may have it set of natural or something else for P/Av/etc
04-23-2018, 05:01 PM - 4 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Green mode is indeed where the 'deep learning' magic of the K-1 is supposed to come into play:

This RICOH-original technology is available during viewfinder shooting when the exposure mode is set to Scene Analyze Auto and the Custom Image mode is set to Auto Select.

Features5 | PENTAX K-1 | RICOH IMAGING

Last edited by rawr; 04-23-2018 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added video
04-23-2018, 09:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Did you set the jpeg profile to bright? You may have it set of natural or something else for P/Av/etc
I tried each of the in camera jpeg settings (auto,natural,landscape,portrait,bright etc) and AWB, but I couldn't get the same image as with the green mode.

04-24-2018, 01:35 AM - 1 Like   #8
pid
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I tried each of the in camera jpeg settings (auto,natural,landscape,portrait,bright etc) and AWB, but I couldn't get the same image as with the green mode.
did you try to modify them? Take the one matches best and adjust the color, brightness, contrast etc.
Or did you already tested this?

Take a look at the picture in the camera and press info. There you can see all settings the K1 used in the Auto mode of each picture.
04-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
Take the one matches best and adjust the color, brightness, contrast etc. Or did you already tested this?
good idea... i haven't tried to modify default jpeg settings.
04-26-2018, 06:32 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Last week I did an experiment: shoot the same subject outdoor with the green mode and also using Av or TAv mode with setting Auto WB and Auto selection of style, and exposure. I couldn't get the panel of colors produced by the green mode. I was expecting that auto style selection would produce the same rendering. No way. Did I forget something in the auto settings when not in green mode?
Did you do this only with jpegs of with RAW files also? Would the same results happen with RAW files? Seems doubtful.
04-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
Did you do this only with jpegs of with RAW files also? Would the same results happen with RAW files? Seems doubtful.
RAW or JPEG, it's the same when the in-camera profile is applied to the RAW, the JPEG looks the same.