Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-1 Trying to turn on Wifi, camera turns itself off with overheating warning

Hello,

I've been using the K-1 since launch day, probably played around with the wifi during the first days but never used it. (I do not have any memory of testing it, but I usually test functions like that when I buy new stuff, cause it's fun, if you know what I mean...) Anyway I am shooting a wedding tomorrow and this time I am supposed to be on some pictures myself, so I thought I'd try wifi connection to remotely trigger the camera.

The error message I get says "the camera will turn off to prevent damage from overheating" I get it after about 15-20 seconds of having the wifi enabled.

I got the error, tried again, got the same error again. I then proceeded with updating to the latest firmware version, still got the error. Does look like an actual fault...?

06-01-2018, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to hear that. But being only 15-20 seconds, it sounds like a problem.
Otherwise, if you've been using live-view (either on the back of the camera or for the tethering app) for long periods, you could be reaching the limits of the camera site the sensor is active the whole time.

Assuming you also were not out in the hot sun for long periods, naturally.

Can you use a tool to examine the EXIF data from one of the photos and see what the temperature truly was?
I use "exiftool", but there are some online websites that can also do this. (maybe someone can help point to a good/useful one).