Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by norwegianoutdoors Quote
Or wait, UK is still Europe?
Let me check my Atlas

Yes still there

10-09-2020, 05:17 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

I have a K1 dedicated to manual focusing.... I added a canon S screen and a tenpa 1.4x viewfinder eye piece (i find it better then the pentax one... ie OME53).. works well for me even at f1.2.
10-09-2020, 06:45 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I have a K1 dedicated to manual focusing.... I added a canon S screen and a tenpa 1.4x viewfinder eye piece (i find it better then the pentax one... ie OME53).. works well for me even at f1.2.
Similar approach here ...

I don't shot exclusively with manual focusing but I guess that at least 50% of my shots are with manual glass. The hit rate is good, especially after installing the same focusing screen (I use the Pentax O-ME53 eye piece).

Live view? Well, I may have used it 10 times, mainly for some macro shots from positions where the viewfinder is hardly usable.
I don't like it.

Looking (and composing) through a good viewfinder is much more enjoyable. And enjoying the process of taking shots is important to me.
Some posts seem to indicate that it is next to impossible to achieve proper focus through the viewfinder. Obviously I am doing something wrong ...
10-12-2020, 03:02 AM   #34
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Let me check my Atlas

Yes still there
Haha, too bad you can't do anything about that

10-12-2020, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by norwegianoutdoors Quote
Haha, too bad you can't do anything about that
I don't think we actually want to
10-15-2020, 02:21 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Just use CDAF from Live View.
I do that for the fast lenses that I know are not so accurate at wide apertures or focus distance.

Otherwise, the Canon EES screen (which is sold modded for Pentax) will be the best focusing screen for optical manual focus.