Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-19-2018, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom 7.4 CC

Looks like support has been added for K1 mark II. (RAW Files) Thought those with this camera would be interested in knowing it's now supported. (minus the pixel shift of course)

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

06-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice to see they fixed the MacOS backup bug.
06-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Note that Lr/ACR doesn't support dynamic pixel shift mode on the K-1ii: it displays the first image of the group. Otherwise, good to go.

BTW, the other big pluses in the upgrade are synching of presets and profiles, and better organization of them, and a bunch of improvements to CC on desktop and mobile.

It also has this thing called Technology Preview, for beta features. One of the two is "long exposure effect," which is something I'd love to see in the camera. Essentially it seems to take several shots (like over a second) then stack/merge them, so you get the same effect as if you used a ND filter and say longer exposure (smoothed water flow being the classic example). I'd rather have that in a K-1ii than dynamic pixel shift.

It supports PS but not dynamic PS I believe. https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html...ift_Resolution

Last edited by Oakland Rob; 06-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.
06-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
It also has this thing called Technology Preview, for beta features. One of the two is "long exposure effect," which is something I'd love to see in the camera. Essentially it seems to take several shots (like over a second) then stack/merge them, so you get the same effect as if you used a ND filter and say longer exposure (smoothed water flow being the classic example). I'd rather have that in a K-1ii than dynamic pixel shift.
Doesn't that "long exposure effect" already exist in the K-1 if you use the multi-exposure drive setting?

06-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
Doesn't that "long exposure effect" already exist in the K-1 if you use the multi-exposure drive setting?
yep, setting 10 shots with Average method is almost like an ND1000 filter.
06-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Multi-exposure is very useful and definitely exists in the K-1. I thought the K-3 had it first, but I've never owned one so don't trust my suspect memories of what I've read on PF.

10 shots works okay to blur moving water and clouds. It does less well when trying to remove people from a street scene - you'll get 10 sets of ghosts as people move through the frame - but you can increase shot count as needed.
06-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Multi-exposure is very useful and definitely exists in the K-1. I thought the K-3 had it first, but I've never owned one so don't trust my suspect memories of what I've read on PF.

10 shots works okay to blur moving water and clouds. It does less well when trying to remove people from a street scene - you'll get 10 sets of ghosts as people move through the frame - but you can increase shot count as needed.
Yeah, that was my experience. It tended not to blur as much as I wanted, and more ghosting. The Lr thing in my phone seems a little smarter (as it should given the computing power and software). But I should give it another try...maybe in different conditions, turning down the exposure, etc I might be able to get some more interesting results. I'm kinda finding that what I do in post processing vs in camera is starting to be more variable....

06-19-2018, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Looks like support has been added for K1 mark II. (RAW Files) Thought those with this camera would be interested in knowing it's now supported. (minus the pixel shift of course)

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC
You mean minus DPS . Regular PS is supported.
06-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You will not get motion-corrected PS.