Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2018, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-1 Mark II Lightroom Camera Profiles

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, but for those of us using an older version of Lightroom with a K-1 II, Colin Walker at Huelight has come out with Pentax K-1 II camera profiles. They are 15 dollars and I've been pretty pleased with them in the past. It gives you a few more options when shooting DNGs with a camera that isn't technically supported by Lightroom 6.

Huelight Pentax Camera Profiles

(Just to be clear, I'm not Colin Walker and I have no financial interest in his site)

06-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll second Rondec's recommendation. The Huelight profiles are nice and he even updates them occasionally.
06-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FWIW, the June, 2018 ACR update includes K-1 II profiles. For those with previous versions of Lightroom (6.x and before), the profile update is available through the Adobe DNG Converter download. The profiles install automatically such that one does not need to actually use the converter. The it is actually a little more complex than that, but worth the effort. See comment below...

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-24-2018 at 06:07 PM.
06-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

So has anyone compared these profiles, for other cameras, and the Adobe profile and seen if there is any difference?

Maybe the paid profile is better or worse?

Curious as I use the profile in Adobe software.

And maybe this is just a stupid question but hey, if you do not ask, you do not learn.

06-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
Forum Member

is this just a simple executable that install in the LR directory ??
06-25-2018, 07:19 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by neal_grillot Quote
is this just a simple executable that install in the LR directory ??
The software comes with directions for installation. the profiles go in a specific directory. It is very easy to do. You then invoke the profile from a menu within LR.
06-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
So has anyone compared these profiles, for other cameras, and the Adobe profile and seen if there is any difference?

Maybe the paid profile is better or worse?

Curious as I use the profile in Adobe software.

And maybe this is just a stupid question but hey, if you do not ask, you do not learn.
I liked the Huelight profiles a little better than the Adobe ones, but honestly there isn't a huge difference.

Edit: I looked at the profile in ACR and it's OK. I will mention here that with more recent vintage Pentax cameras Adobe has released a variety of camera profiles that emulate (or attempt to) the profiles found in Pentax cameras -- Bright, Natural, etc. In ACR there is a single "Adobe Standard" profile. With Huelight there are six profiles given, "Low, Standard, Medium, High and Portrait." Colin says that Low is best for low contrast scenes, Medium and Standard are for most scenes, and High has more contrast and more vibrant colors. This is just quoting from the information accompanying the profiles. As I said before, I am not trying to sell profiles for him, just make known what is available and what you get for your money.

Last edited by Rondec; 06-25-2018 at 06:18 PM.