Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MightyMike Quote
The corner cross type points were described to me as L-shaped not T-shaped in the orientation I've provided in the image, perhaps the spacing isn't spot on but the orientation certainly is
I was just referring to the spacing of the line sensors, not how they are combined into crosses or T's or L's.

Edit:
That means that the "outer red lines" in your diagram are simply going thorugh the displayed AF points (or their outer edges).
You drew them far outside the viewfinder points, which leads to different spacing and is not correct.

And to be clear: I can confirm that the outer 14 AF points are either T's or L's.
Everyone can check this at home with a computer screen within a minute.

Last edited by beholder3; 07-16-2018 at 08:50 AM.
07-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
There is a "Hold AF Status" option that you could set to "Off". You can find it in the K-1 manual. It is a camera menu option for AF settings. I myself keep mine off. I do not want anything restricting my shutter release.
That's not what 'Hold' does, CJ.

Hold is the time threshold for triggering a large change in focus distance.

On a sports field a player may run across the one you're shooting and you don't want your focus lock to be broken.

Or you're panning your subject who goes behind a tree and out the other side.