Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
07-30-2018, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
Just to clarify. I purchased the Mark II. My K-5 was starting to have issues and I decided to upgrade. Thankfully a tax refund allowed to actually upgrade to FF. I won a Mark I. Which allows me to do these type of comparisons.

I am happy do do others too. Part of my payback to the forum having the contest and me winning the June drawing.
I'm glad you won, and hope you have tons of fun with the camera. I think it's great. Would love to see some comparisons. If I win the new raffle, I'll have to decide what to do. But otherwise I'll upgrade.

07-31-2018, 12:20 AM   #62
Veteran Member

It would be interesting to see if upgraded model has this magenta cast. Or is it only new mk2 models. Before you upgrade, take test shot - underexpose ISO100 frame by 4-5 stops and push it back to 0EV. Then do the same with the upgraded body.
07-31-2018, 06:58 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
It would be interesting to see if upgraded model has this magenta cast. Or is it only new mk2 models. Before you upgrade, take test shot - underexpose ISO100 frame by 4-5 stops and push it back to 0EV. Then do the same with the upgraded body.
Good idea! I will do that today---I think I did not win the raffle , so it's off to the post this afternoon. I wish you the best of luck finding something that works for you. I still think you should try to return your camera, since you've amassed enough evidence that there are problems in certain cases that affect your typical use of the camera, and that these were hidden from you.
07-31-2018, 12:27 PM   #64
Veteran Member

I will of course use the camera for shooting alongside film. This is small issue for some but one has to remember that since D800 days we have had the chance of doing 1-shot "HDR" assisted by the huge DR available from 36MP Sony sensor. It was there with mk1 and now suddenly it seems to be gone. I still suspect this might be flaw in the RAW converter software.

07-31-2018, 01:06 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
I will of course use the camera for shooting alongside film. This is small issue for some but one has to remember that since D800 days we have had the chance of doing 1-shot "HDR" assisted by the huge DR available from 36MP Sony sensor. It was there with mk1 and now suddenly it seems to be gone. I still suspect this might be flaw in the RAW converter software.
Damn! I forgot to do that test! Got too busy this afternoon with other priorities (like billing!). Too bad....oh, well...