Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 03:47 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The writes are serial.
That is unfortunate, you would think that they could be done in parallel so that one doens't take the performance hit.

08-31-2018, 06:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The writes are serial.
Good to know. But since I usually do Night Photography or Landscape that is not a bad thing. But I imagine would be a pain when doing sports. Or when I am at an airshow.

I wonder how much of delay you get because of that.

Guess I need to do some testing!
08-31-2018, 07:04 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The cost of writing parallel is a bigger processor and expanded bus that could handle the data flow. More heat generation too. There is always going to be a trade off. The K3 line with it's smaller sensor and file size is faster than the K1 in full frame mode in this regard. As a long time film user I actually think that 4 frames per second is pretty fast. Of course at my age, just about everything is faster than me.
08-31-2018, 07:10 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Which big one?
That is what I get for responding tired. I meant the big giveaway, instead of the K-1 getting it to the K-1ii

08-31-2018, 09:02 AM   #20
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grog85361 Quote
I think we're all trying to make it a K-1 II! Best of luck to you!
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
That is what I get for responding tired. I meant the big giveaway, instead of the K-1 getting it to the K-1ii
Still tired? grog85361 already meant the K-1mk2. Have some more coffee! I certainly need some.
(Just another post for the K-1mk2 win!)
08-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

one option is to write to one card and periodically copy to the other for the back up. i have only rarely been impeded by the write speed using the two cards but perhaps this will help those who have had difficulty.
08-31-2018, 02:22 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grog85361 Quote
I have had my K-1 for five days now. I am simply amazed. I set the card slots to mirror each other, just because. Yesterday, the card reader in my Win 7 computer went nuts, and corrupted the first file on the card , then refused to read the card at all. Then, no other system would read the card either. If I hadn't had the card slots set to mirror, I would have lost everything! I have never had anything like this happen before. I'm glad it occurred with the K-1.

I tried the reader with a card from a K-5, just to test it, and the same thing happened, so I am confident it is that card reader. I have a different reader that has no problems with the K-1 or K-5 cards.
Wow that is lucky. Win the K-1 and then just days later have a card get toasted in a reader. If you had not won, you would have been on your old body and all would have been lost.

08-31-2018, 03:33 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
Wow that is lucky. Win the K-1 and then just days later have a card get toasted in a reader. If you had not won, you would have been on your old body and all would have been lost.
Fortunate indeed! I actually wondered why I would need dual card slots before this. Now I'm a believer!