Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-30-2018, 10:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K1 to K1 II surgery on camera but I had the lobotomy.

K1 back from surgery to K1 II but I had the lobotomy. Over the time away, the camera lost its settings as expected but in trying to setup the camera to where it was for some basic things has left me also. I've fought through the manual and search here for one of the problems I'm sure is happening. Previously the K1 was set to show the grid, levels, etc. in the viewfinder. Now all I see is the bottom row and a very fast red overlay where the other info is supposed to be. I need some help please in figuring what I did wrong in setup.

Aside, it would have been nice if I could have saved the setup and user stuff to an SD card and the restored it when the camera came back.

RONC

08-31-2018, 01:22 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Fifth camera tab. View finder overlay settings.

Not sure why yours would be red though. Did it come like that back from Precision?
08-31-2018, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #3
Unregistered User

I have taken an image of every menu item so that I easily can restore all settings after a reset. Especially the short cut menu is hard to remember where all things were before =)
08-31-2018, 03:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amstel78 Quote
Fifth camera tab. View finder overlay settings.

Not sure why yours would be red though. Did it come like that back from Precision?
That's what mine looks like. The red display happens during focusing only.

Thanks,
RONC

---------- Post added 08-31-18 at 05:05 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I have taken an image of every menu item so that I easily can restore all settings after a reset. Especially the shortcut menu is hard to remember where all things were before =)
I actually marked the paper copy of the K1 user manual for everything but figure I put wrong setting on some parameter. Could well have been but haven't found.

Good hint.

Thanks,
RONC

08-31-2018, 03:53 AM   #5

Strange. Only the focus points in my mk2 light up when focusing. The grid remains black.

Can you take a picture of what you're seeing through your VF?
08-31-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You might try a camera reset since what you describe with the grid seems very abnormal.

Last edited by Mikesul; 08-31-2018 at 10:07 AM.
08-31-2018, 10:05 AM   #7

Actually I take it back; my entire grid illuminates in red as well as the focus point when AF focus is achieved.

08-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses.
I think I have found my problem. Look at C2-9. It was set to AUTO. I circled ON in user manual so I made the error in resetting. Super clean viewfinder is really nice too. Had to clean my glasses and reset diopter.

RONC