Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 07:25 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Post your Timelapses

So we have a Post your Pictures, Post your Pixel Shift Images, Post your Legacy Glass.

Time now for Post your Timelapses.

Mainly because I am now taking them with the K-1 I won. Before I never did Timelapse because of a single body. Now with the K-1 I can take my tracked/stacked images and have camera #2 creating a Timelapse!

This was created in LRTimelapse and Camtasia. I enjoy the videos created by the K-1 but by just taking pictures with the camera and then being able to edit them in LR allows my a lot more control of the image. I feel it allows me to create a better timelapse by creating the video in Post.

So my first Timelapse created w/ LRTimelapse. Earlier I had posted a video created in camera.

08-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a nice idea for a thread and the piece to start it nice as well.

I have never tried to do this but maybe seeing others’ here will get me going. But I wonder if either of my cameras can even do this. Guess I can do it manually in some way. Hmmm going to have to research.
08-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jays0n Quote
This is a nice idea for a thread and the piece to start it nice as well.

I have never tried to do this but maybe seeing others’ here will get me going. But I wonder if either of my cameras can even do this. Guess I can do it manually in some way. Hmmm going to have to research.
If you use Lightroom you can download LRTimelapse and use the free option that limits you to 400 images. Which is what I am using now. Eventually I will upgrade to the paid version that allows for more images and 4K. But for now, 1080P and 400 images is fine for me to learn. I already pay for LR so no extra costs at this time.

But as I say that, I know I will buy the paid version so it will eventually cost me money.
08-31-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SirTomster Quote
But as I say that, I know I will buy the paid version so it will eventually cost me money.

I unfortunately don't use Lightroom Usually Rawtherapy on Linux or just Photos on Mac. I'll have to get serious I guess if I am going to participate.

08-31-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jays0n Quote

I unfortunately don't use Lightroom Usually Rawtherapy on Linux or just Photos on Mac. I'll have to get serious I guess if I am going to participate.
I am sure there are other tools to create them. I am just unaware of them.
08-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #6

awesome!!
08-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
great timelapse

08-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok now that the system will not append this post the 1st another timelapse.

Same location, I had to move my camera as my original location could no longer see the Milky Way due to the canyon walls.

Pentax K-1 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 25 second images
Edited in Lightroom, Coverted to a avi in LRTimelapse.
Title added in Camtasia.

08-31-2018, 10:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

fantastic. I'm really eager to see what people have created.
08-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Very nice time lapses.
08-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While it's nothing like the OP's timelapse, it's one i created with the K-1. A bit different.

08-31-2018, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
While it's nothing like the OP's timelapse, it's one i created with the K-1. A bit different.
That thing is huge.
08-31-2018, 12:19 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote

Unboxing my new FotoDiox 48" Octabox - Time lapse. - YouTube
Hey that's pretty cool still.
08-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent thread idea! Here is a "timelapse" that I did a couple of years ago....

My original intention was to take some still images of planes flying into land on the runway at Sky Harbor with the Phoenix downtown city center in in the background at sunset. What I wound up doing was as the planes flew overhead, with the camera in continuous mode, I just pushed the remote shutter to catch as much of the landing as possible (as the buffer was filling up) so I could then select the shot I wanted.

While I was processing them, I was just slewing from one image to the next and it made somewhat of a movie. So I turned them into a movie. I processed the entire sequence of images in Lightroom, exported and then used Picasa to create a video file. I was using a K5IIs which shoots RAW at ~7 frames per second - which is the playback speed, with the 60-250 at about 120mm.

I've since found that with RAW images on the K5/K5IIs a sequence of 27 is the most I can capture. However, switching over to JPG expands this number substantially, especially if you go to either *** or ** or * star resolution.

All of this is well suited to a fairly quick and short event - like landing an airplane.

09-03-2018, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #15
Forum Member

This was taken with a k5 and M 50mm 1.7. Processed with Lightroom and LRTimelapse