Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote
It would not be a huge issue if the camera could be wirelessly charged by putting it on a charging base while it sits there half the night transferring photos to a folder on the PC

The USB tethering (mentioning Lightroom in that table) does work but the micro-USB connector is not suitable for throwing the cable around. It will just break the connector off the PCB inside the camera. This - a broken micro-USB connector - is a major reason why many tablets end up in the dustbin. The K1 costs rather more...
You can attach the ac adapter K-AC132 or similar.
Pentax K-AC132 (AC Adapter for K-3, K-1, 645Z) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
aliexpress.com/item/D-AC50-DAC50-K-AC50-KAC50-K-AC132-KAC132-AC-Power-Adapter-for-Pentax-K10D-K20D/32569464213.html

You can use an magnetic USB adapter.
produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/1500000-1599999/001551308-da-01-ml-GOOBAY_MAGNET__MICRO_USB_ERSATZSTE_de_en.pdf
produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/1500000-1599999/001551307-da-01-ml-GOOBAY_MAGNETISCHES_MICRO_USB_KABE_de_en.pdf
GOOBAY 77550: Magnetic Micro-USB Replacement plug at reichelt elektronik
GOOBAY 72750: Magnetic USB 2.0 > Micro-USB cable — 1.2 metres at reichelt elektronik

12-12-2018, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you don't need control of the camera, I did write a Python app that will do wireless transfer to your desktop. (so you do need Python programming language installed if it doesn't come on your computer by default)

You can then do what you want with the images. One workflow would be to have LR auto-import from that folder.
a.k.a for those who used to have EyeFi cards.

It is slow since the K1 wifi is horrible, but it works *much more reliably* than the USB tethering if you don't require control from the desktop. Plus no wires to trip over.
I use this at events where I shoot upwards of 1000 photos during the day. Lower resolution JPGs are sent over wireless in about 3-5 seconds.

You can find the app on GitHub. There is a version for the K1 built-in WiFi, as well as the FluCard for other cameras which otherwise also does not allow direct and constant download to the desktop.

GitHub - amoringello/FluCardPro-AutoImport: Auto Import photos from the K1 or the Ricoh FluCard Pro-1. Requires Python 2.7 with 'requests' module.
12-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote

The USB tethering (mentioning Lightroom in that table) does work but the micro-USB connector is not suitable for throwing the cable around. It will just break the connector off the PCB inside the camera. This - a broken micro-USB connector - is a major reason why many tablets end up in the dustbin. The K1 costs rather more...

In this age there ought to be much better ways...
... which is why I use a short stub usb connector plugged into the camera. So one careful insertion and removal each session. The stub then becomes sacrificial, over time.

---------- Post added 12-12-18 at 10:41 PM ----------

Interesting idea. Thanks.

---------- Post added 12-12-18 at 10:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
If you don't need control of the camera, I did write a Python app that will do wireless transfer to your desktop. (so you do need Python programming language installed if it doesn't come on your computer by default)

You can then do what you want with the images. One workflow would be to have LR auto-import from that folder.

It is slow since the K1 wifi is horrible, but it works *much more reliably* than the USB tethering if you don't require control from the desktop. Plus no wires to trip over.
I use this at events where I shoot upwards of 1000 photos during the day. Lower resolution JPGs are sent over wireless in about 3-5 seconds.

You can find the app on GitHub. There is a version for the K1 built-in WiFi, as well as the FluCard for other cameras which otherwise also does not allow direct and constant download to the desktop.

GitHub - amoringello/FluCardPro-AutoImport: Auto Import photos from the K1 or the Ricoh FluCard Pro-1. Requires Python 2.7 with 'requests' module.
Thanks, I'll take a look ...
01-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote

I just want to double check if this work with K1ii (I may buy the k1ii, and now I am using K3 with old wifi solution)? and what size of jpg you send to the the transfer to be in 3 sec?

Thanks

09-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

A german Pentaxian also uses the CamFi Pro Plus successful with his 645Z and Image Transmitter 2 (IT2):
Wireless Tethering mit "Shot & View" (im Shooting-Betrieb) ? Pentaxians

Last edited by angerdan; 09-29-2021 at 01:50 PM.
06-16-2022, 01:44 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just bought a K 1 and find that Pentax Image Transmitter is no longer available at B&H or Adorama. Any ideas about a work around?
06-17-2022, 02:20 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cascadilla Quote
I just bought a K 1 and find that Pentax Image Transmitter is no longer available at B&H or Adorama. Any ideas about a work around?
There is a workaround to install IT2 with the update package. Due to legal questions, i believe it's not described public on the forum.

Similar questions can be found here:
Cannot find Image Transmitter installer - PentaxForums.com
Image Transmitter 2 original software download link - PentaxForums.com
Image Transmitter 2 won't install - PentaxForums.com