Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Rapid beeps during sensor clean

I noticed a few dust spots on my K1 sensor this morning when using a high f-number shooting with a clear blue sky. So I set about cleaning it with a rocket blower, mirror up (from the wrench-4 menu screen), mount pointed downwards as recommended in the manual. The first attempt was successful in dislodging some spots, so I tried again for the one or two that were still holding on.

Part way through the process, the camera started beeping rapidly, with the rear red light flashing in time with the beeps. I had never seen this before, and don't know what it means. I do not think the battery is anywhere near exhausted. Does anyone have an idea what it might mean?

Anyway, it hasn't happened again, and the sensor now seems clean, so I'm happy. Just a little puzzled.

12-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
Closed Account

Hi Paul, I checked the K-1 manual ( page 113 ) and found a mention about battery capacity. Hope this helps mate.
Attached Images

12-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks pjv. I guess that must be it. I'd estimate I have at least a 2/3 charge left, but perhaps the system is being very conservative.
12-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #4
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The first attempt was successful in dislodging some spots, so I tried again for the one or two that were still holding on.

Part way through the process, the camera started beeping rapidly, with the rear red light flashing in time with the beeps.
Maybe it was trying to clean the sensor twice in quick succession that was the culprit.

12-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The battery has to be fully charged or it freaks out like that.