Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2019, 05:31 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes that allows seeing the stars. Those above mentioned features allow seeing forms and outlines of the scenery without flashlight. Thus, allowing composition in very dim light. Pentax already has red-light mode which would work very well with such functionality.

01-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #17
Unregistered User

do you suppose anyone from Ricoh is paying any attention to this thread?
01-23-2019, 07:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No I don't. There has been suggestion threads on the feedback forum for a long time without much success. I was just interested if someone knew something about upcoming updates.
01-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
It does not skip anything if I select minimum delay between the exposures in the options. I just set number of photos and I get that number of photos with any exposure time up to 30 seconds. Setting a delay of 1s or more is guaranteed to mess star trail stack so I have to use that minimum option. That is very nice but the minimum delay is not consistent - it sometimes causes multisecond delay - and star trail stacks do not form 100% perfect trails. Possibility to use longer than 30 seconds per exposure would make things easier for storage space as well. I would prefer 60s x 60 stack instead of 30s x 120 stack.
I use "minimum" for stacked star trails but have not seem any evidence of variations -- certainly nothing like a occasional multisecond delay. That said, the minimum delay would vary if the SD card wasn't perfectly consistent in how long it took to write each image. An unreliable card or one that had not been formatted prior to the series might show variations in writing time. Or if the images vary in amount of detail due to clouds, light painting, etc., then shot-to-shot write times would vary and the minimum time would vary.

The overall point, though, is that there's no easy way for Pentax to force a consistent minimum because the minimum is at the mercy of the SD card.

01-24-2019, 01:18 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I use upper class 64GB SanDisk cards but rarely format them until they are filled up. One thing is consistent - the delay is ~2 second at the beginning of series and this increases towards the end being as much as 5 seconds. KP did the exact same thing. Then I began to investigate and somewhere between 20-30 second exposure is a barrier after delays start to happen. KP suffers more from this.

K-1 MK1 just kept shooting with the same cards with exact very small delay.