Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
using Yongnuo RF trigger as a shutter remote...?

Has anyone used any of the Yongnuo rf triggers to remotely fire the shutter on a Pentax camera ? I'm trying to connect them to my K1 to fire the shutter but without success. Trigger is firing reciever is recieving the signal. Connected the reciever to the X-sync socket on the K1 But the shutter isnt firing.. Also tried setting the remote setting on shutter menu. No success. So is it possible ? What am I doing wrong ?

02-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stub Quote
... Trigger is firing reciever is recieving the signal. Connected the reciever to the X-sync socket on the K1 But the shutter isnt firing.. Also tried setting the remote setting on shutter menu. No success. So is it possible ? What am I doing wrong ?
Not sure if we have the same units, but for the RF603N II at least, they operate in remote-shutter and remote-flash modes, and the two aren't the same. Could be you've got it set so it thinks it is supposed to firing a flash on the receiver's hotshoe. The sender and receiver should both be switched to TRX position.
Attached Images

02-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stub Quote
Connected the reciever to the X-sync socket on the K1 But the shutter isnt firing.
Are you trying to fire the shutter via the flash? AFAIK, it works the other way around - you plug the flash into the X-sync socket, and it should fire when you press the shutter.

Check the last paragraph on page 111 of the K-1 user manual.
02-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I use one pair of rf603 and 560-tx with k-70 and this combo works without problem. You only need to use the cable to connect receiver with the camera.

02-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
Are you trying to fire the shutter via the flash? AFAIK, it works the other way around - you plug the flash into the X-sync socket, and it should fire when you press the shutter.

Check the last paragraph on page 111 of the K-1 user manual.
Im trying to fire the shutter remotely using the Yongnuo RF602 or RF603 trigger.. No flash involved Dave...!!

---------- Post added 10-02-19 at 02:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
I use one pair of rf603 and 560-tx with k-70 and this combo works without problem. You only need to use the cable to connect receiver with the camera.
Sounds good taktoon. I have the 560tx unit. Not quite sure what you mean but will have to give that a try out...

---------- Post added 10-02-19 at 02:34 PM ----------

Thanks all. and Sluggo for the pic. Really helped. Sorted the shutter firing problem out.. I was being a bit stupid and using the x-sync socket as I was earlier watching a youtube vid and thats what they used on a Nikon camera.

But now I have a different problem and by connecting the trigger lead to the remote socket. It kills the rear display. So no menu display, live view or pic of image taken. until I take the Jack lead out... Any ideas on this...?
02-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
Pentaxian

There is a short somewhere. Or miswired. There are three wires, common to one of the other two does the equivalent of half shutter press and full press.

Some wires with plugs have a hefty shoulder that stops the plug from going in far enough to make the proper connection. You could also have a faulty trigger. They don't tolerate any misconnection.
02-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
There is a short somewhere. Or miswired. There are three wires, common to one of the other two does the equivalent of half shutter press and full press.

Some wires with plugs have a hefty shoulder that stops the plug from going in far enough to make the proper connection. You could also have a faulty trigger. They don't tolerate any misconnection.
Same thing happens on my K5II.. ?

---------- Post added 10-02-19 at 03:13 PM ----------

Yep...seems your right derekite...!! Its a bit of an iffy joint...

02-10-2019, 05:04 PM   #8

Original Poster
If all else fails.. Go to the instruction manual....lol
Attached Images