Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Both it is. Just take 20min exposure with and without in room temp to try it out.

03-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
As far as I understand - both. The subtraction is done before the file is saved. BUT I can't find a citation for this and while I have shot with it on in a number of situations I don't know that I would have noticed it off.
Thanks! I couldn't find a direct reference either. I think I'll be messing with this trying to compare the benefits next time I'm out shooting the stars.
03-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are a variety of astro oriented software programs designed to do this if you don't want to do it in camera. Two of the more well-known ones are Deep Sky Stacker and Sequator(which is what I use).

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, exposure, exposure in camera, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k-1 mkii, k1, mkii long exposure, pentax k-1, process