Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't Install Image Transmitter 2

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I can't use the Pentax Tether on the K1 because I can't install the Image Transmitter 2. All I can find and download is the most current version of Image Transmitter 2, which won't install since it is looking for an "older" version, and not finding one, quits/won't install. Anyone found a away around this problem. Thank you. Greg D.

05-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Glospreys Quote
I can't use the Pentax Tether on the K1 because I can't install the Image Transmitter 2. All I can find and download is the most current version of Image Transmitter 2, which won't install since it is looking for an "older" version, and not finding one, quits/won't install. Anyone found a away around this problem. Thank you. Greg D.
You need to purchase the software. Looks like B&H no longer carries it, but I found a number of stores on ebay:

Pentax IMAGE TRANSMITTER 2 S-SW150A 38553 Digital Camera Accessory 27075276697 | eBay

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #3

Available at Adorama
https://www.adorama.com/ipx38553.html
05-03-2019, 05:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You need to purchase the software. Looks like B&H no longer carries it, but I found a number of stores on ebay:

Pentax IMAGE TRANSMITTER 2 S-SW150A 38553 Digital Camera Accessory 27075276697 | eBay
Thank you. Did not realize had to purchase this product (c.$230). With all the money I've spent on Pentax bodies and lenses, I would think this software should come free from Ricoh, especially when purchasing a full frame or above!??

05-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #5

It's $199 at Adorama.

The target market is for working professionals who can justify the purchase as a business related expense. Ricoh has to pay the software developers and any license fees for libraries that are used by the software. Pentax products MSRPs are generally lower than comparable competitors products. Including the software would increase the MSRP so it wouldn't actually be free.
05-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If anything, though, it would be wise for Pentax to make this software more accessible by offering it online.

Anyway, there are a number of third-party remote apps that are free.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-06-2019, 07:43 AM   #7
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Anyway, there are a number of third-party remote apps that are free.
Do tell.

05-06-2019, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Glospreys Quote
I can't use the Pentax Tether on the K1 because I can't install the Image Transmitter 2.

All I can find and download is the most current version of Image Transmitter 2, which won't install since it is looking for an "older" version, and not finding one, quits/won't install.

Anyone found a away around this problem.
You can't install an update without the software already installed.
With a small check here you'd find it out.
Image Transmitter 2 won't install - PentaxForums.com
image transmitter, help - PentaxForums.com

Only if you know the workaround, how to install the update with passing the check for the existing install.
But this can't be told in the forum.
PC Desktop tethering K-1 via WLAN works well - PentaxForums.com

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Do tell.
Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com