Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Problems with Pentax K-1

A partner is having problems with his pentax K-1, he has it updated to the latest firmware according to:"The camera stays as dead or focuses or anything, I press the shutter button and does not shoot, when I put the Pentax 150-450 changes the parameters when it seems if I'm at f5.6 and 1/1000 speed with the iso in automatic and FF mode I change it to crop iso 100 f8 and 1/200 always the same parameters do not know what happens,I thought he was pressing the buttons on the lens without realizing it, but it's not like that. "Anyone know what can it be?Could you do downgrade to fix it?regards

05-28-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
A firmware failure?
Has it happened to someone else?
regards
05-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #3
Pentaxian

A firmware bug is unlikely.

Do other lenses work okay?

"...I press the shutter button and does not shoot..." Menu settings can do that. There's one for focus priority that will not take a photo until focus is achieved. If that's set, and then the camera is on manual focus mode or if AF is set to rear button, you can hold the shutter button down and no photos will be taken until other steps are taken to achieve focus.

Note that there are a lot of other things it could be. Consider resetting the camera to default settings.
05-28-2019, 09:50 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
It is also happening with manual lenses, according to comments:

"The problem is related to the objectives of the manuals, the object is focused and the camera and the focus is confirmed and triggered, the camera is turned on again so that it" answers "if it remains silly every two minutes, and I have already returned to the factory parameters twice and perfectly set the K1 and many others more
Regards"

---------- Post added 05-28-19 at 09:55 AM ----------

I'm afraid it could be a problem in some electronic circuit.
Has something similar happened to someone?
Thank you

05-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gopersuel Quote
A partner is having problems with his pentax K-1, he has it updated to the latest firmware according to:"The camera stays as dead or focuses or anything, I press the shutter button and does not shoot, when I put the Pentax 150-450 changes the parameters when it seems if I'm at f5.6 and 1/1000 speed with the iso in automatic and FF mode I change it to crop iso 100 f8 and 1/200 always the same parameters do not know what happens,I thought he was pressing the buttons on the lens without realizing it, but it's not like that. "Anyone know what can it be?Could you do downgrade to fix it?regards
It's really hard to say what the problem is without more specific details. What troubleshooting steps has he tried (i.e. removing the battery, cleaning the contacts, trying another lens, checking if any settings have been unexpectedly reset), and what exactly are the current shooting settings and symptoms?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is also happening with manual lenses, according to comments:

"The problem is related to the objectives of the manuals, the object is focused and the camera and the focus is confirmed and triggered, the camera is turned on again so that it" answers "if it remains silly every two minutes, and I have already returned to the factory parameters twice and perfectly set the K1 and many others more
Regards"

---------- Post added 05-28-19 at 09:55 AM ----------

I'm afraid it could be a problem in some electronic circuit.
Has something similar happened to someone?
Thank you
No we did not have any such problems with our K-1. As a matter of fact I don't quiet understand your explanation of the problem either for me to be able to help get you out of the situation.

Can you answer these questions
1. Is it turned on or no?
2. Is the camera focusing or no?
3. Does the camera take a picture after you press the shutter button or no?
4. What lens (brand model etc.) are you using?
5. Do you have an SD (memory) card in it or no?
6. Is the battery fully charged or no?
7. Is the battery Pentax made or no?
8. Is the camera automatically rebooting after taking a picture each time or no?
9. Does the camera remain turned on once you turn it on or no?
10. Does the camera then allow you to take the picture after turning on or no?

Thanks
05-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
in response to the pentaxforums forum partner

1. Is it on or not? Yes
2. Is the camera focusing or not? Yes
3. Does the camera take a picture after pressing the shutter button or not? Do not
4. What lens (brand model, etc.) are you using? Pentax DFA 150-450 and Pentax A 200mm f4 macro
5. Do you have an SD card (memory) or not? If a Sandisk extreme-pro 95ms of 32g
6. Is the battery fully charged or not? Yes
7. Is the Pentax battery made or not? IF it is a new Pentax battery
8. Does the camera automatically restart after taking a picture every time or not? It does not do it when it seems to me that I have to restart it, turn it off and plug it back in
9. Does the camera stay on once you turn it on or not? Yes
10. Does the camera allow you to take the picture after turning it on or not? If until it becomes dead again

Thanks for your interest

---------- Post added 05-28-19 at 01:21 PM ----------

The partner who has this problem, has a lot of experience in cameras and pentax lenses.
It would be nice to know if someone else has had this problem and if it has been this way, how it has been solved.
Although it gives the impression of being an electronic problem.
Thanks for your time

05-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #8
Pentaxian

The partner who has this problem, has a lot of experience in cameras and pentax lenses.
It would be nice to know if someone else has had this problem and if it has been this way, how it has been solved.
Thanks for your time
I know the guy too, he is for more than 30 years a pentax user and he has one the best pentax material collection in Europe.

About those problems with the k1 I haven't read anything similar in all the web, then, can we argue it is not a problem with firware?
05-29-2019, 03:17 AM - 1 Like   #9
Unregistered User

is the "catch-in-focus" option on?
05-29-2019, 04:24 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

in response to the pentaxforums forum partner

1. Is it on or not? Yes
2. Is the camera focusing or not? Yes
3. Does the camera take a picture after pressing the shutter button or not? Do not
4. What lens (brand model, etc.) are you using? Pentax DFA 150-450 and Pentax A 200mm f4 macro
5. Do you have an SD card (memory) or not? If a Sandisk extreme-pro 95ms of 32g
6. Is the battery fully charged or not? Yes
7. Is the Pentax battery made or not? IF it is a new Pentax battery
8. Does the camera automatically restart after taking a picture every time or not? It does not do it when it seems to me that I have to restart it, turn it off and plug it back in
9. Does the camera stay on once you turn it on or not? Yes
10. Does the camera allow you to take the picture after turning it on or not? If until it becomes dead again

Thanks for your interest

---------- Post added 05-28-19 at 01:21 PM ----------

Thanks for your time
Do I understand correctly:

The camera turns on and stays on, will focus on a subject, but does not take any photos when your friend presses the shutter button?

Does this occur with both lenses?
05-29-2019, 06:05 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes it is
We do not know what to think, a firmware failure?
weird, but possible.
A failure in the electronics of the camera?
Has anyone in the forum heard or heard of this type of bug in the pentax K-1?
The truth is that it does not reassure anything, this failure to which we use the Pentax K-1.
Greetings pentaxeros
05-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes it is
We do not know what to think, a firmware failure?
weird, but possible.
A failure in the electronics of the camera?
Has anyone in the forum heard or heard of this type of bug in the pentax K-1?
The truth is that it does not reassure anything, this failure to which we use the Pentax K-1.
Greetings pentaxeros
Does it take any photos at all? What happens if your friend tries to use it in full manual mode? Does it take any photos then?
05-29-2019, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Turn off AF, go full manual, photo outside on a bright day. Try a different lens.
05-30-2019, 03:18 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
Could it be a problem with the AF microprocessor?
05-30-2019, 03:33 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Could it be a problem with the AF microprocessor?
There's no point speculating unless we can narrow down the problem.

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Does it take any photos at all? What happens if your friend tries to use it in full manual mode? Does it take any photos then?