Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2019, 05:43 AM   #1

Have you experienced this mirror bug?

When firing off a number of frames at a time in single capture mode, often times the K1 II I have will flip it's mirror up and it will stay there. I have to either reset the camera or hit LV to get the mirror down again.

It's a minor annoyance but it happens a lot. Any fix?

09-02-2019, 05:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you have the latest firmware 1.03 in the camera?

What's the status of the Mirror Lockup setting?
09-02-2019, 06:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I found it happens when the battery is low.
09-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had that, and also 'black screen' in first of the day shot, when I start up my camera at first time. I have to check if my firmware is up to the date. It should be. it is littl efrustrating time to time, but not too much.

edith and my camera has been dropped once, or more exact, tripod fell over with my camera. I did send the camera and lens to be repaired and they checked that it was okay and lens also got repaired and adjusted. It might be that this is a little hick up from that?

09-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #5

Original Poster
Current firmware, full batteries. Actually running with 2 batteries as I'm using a gripped kit.

It's an irritating bug!
09-02-2019, 04:31 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I have the same bug.... but my reset is automatic through muscle memory, sometimes I don't even remember I've done it. A low or cold battery or both seems to be the trigger. In 80 degree heat it never happens.
09-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
It's only happened to me once when using Live View in FW 1.02. It hasn't come back since 1.03.

When it did happen though, it freaked me out. I could see a portion of the mirror's frame in the LCD.

A quick power cycle solved the issue immediately. And FWIW, it also happened with the grip and two fresh batteries. This was during the summer so ambient air temps were in the 80's.

09-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Had this many times with FW 1.02. Not yet upgraded to 1.03.
09-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I have had that, and also 'black screen' in first of the day shot, when I start up my camera at first time. I have to check if my firmware is up to the date. It should be. it is littl efrustrating time to time, but not too much.

edith and my camera has been dropped once, or more exact, tripod fell over with my camera. I did send the camera and lens to be repaired and they checked that it was okay and lens also got repaired and adjusted. It might be that this is a little hick up from that?
Well, if it makes you feel any better, +1 on the black screen first shot of the day and my camera has never been dropped. And I noticed if you try and process the black screen from raw, there is a lot of sensor noise in that black shot... almost like maybe it was supposed to be the "dark frame" subtraction shot kept for reference against the next shot or something. I dunno. One thing I do know, is that my lens cap was off. LOL!
Eric
09-18-2019, 01:51 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Well, if it makes you feel any better, +1 on the black screen first shot of the day and my camera has never been dropped. And I noticed if you try and process the black screen from raw, there is a lot of sensor noise in that black shot... almost like maybe it was supposed to be the "dark frame" subtraction shot kept for reference against the next shot or something. I dunno. One thing I do know, is that my lens cap was off. LOL!
Eric
Sounds like there should be FW update coming, eh!