Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

Pentax k-1 Live view options using flashes

Hi! I usually find in this forums all about my camera but i have one question i can't figure out the solution to :
I usually work with a pair of bowens flashes. So the light in the scene doesn't match with the amount of light when the strobes fires.
I work in manual mode: If i'm using an adapter with manual lenses the live view compensates the diference allowing me to see the composition. BUT if i'm using AF pentax lenses the liveview show an exposure simulation so i'm only able to see the image if I modify the exposure or time to let me see it. Can i modify that?

Thanks!

09-21-2019, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lob0 Quote
Hi! I usually find in this forums all about my camera but i have one question i can't figure out the solution to :
I usually work with a pair of bowens flashes. So the light in the scene doesn't match with the amount of light when the strobes fires.
I work in manual mode: If i'm using an adapter with manual lenses the live view compensates the diference allowing me to see the composition. BUT if i'm using AF pentax lenses the liveview show an exposure simulation so i'm only able to see the image if I modify the exposure or time to let me see it. Can i modify that?

Thanks!
No you cannot.

the solution is to focus/compose in another mode from Manual, then switch to manual for your capture. Or use viewfinder.
09-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Might it be better to tether to Lightroom to see what your capturing?
09-21-2019, 01:06 PM - 5 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you are knocking out the ambient and are below sync speed, use X mode. It doesn't do expose simulation so you can see in live view

09-22-2019, 05:20 AM   #5

Original Poster
Excellent! I want to thank everyone very much. The X mode is definitely the solution for me. Thanks enoeske!
09-22-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
just marking the thread

for future reference and digestion