Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K-1 Lag

Well, I don't think I've seen anyone mention this, so here goes:

I find myself quite frustrated, quite often, by wake-up lag on my K-1 Mark II and I'm convinced I'm missing more shots as a result than I ever did with my K5. When the camera goes to sleep even viewing a photo is frustrating - I first push the Play button and then wait a couple of seconds while the camera wakes up (with the activity LED flashing) and then press the play button again to actually view a photo (pressing it once only wakes the camera up, it will not, without another button push, display a photo).

I haven't used a stop-watch, but qualitative comparison between the K-1 and the K5 (wake-up to shutter fire) seems significant. More than a second for K-1 and less than a second for K-5.

I love the camera, but this is an irritant. That and the number of button pushes required to turn off the Info display...

Now I'm going to run for cover!

10-16-2019, 03:48 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First of all, are you using a UHS-I memory card? Second, AFAIK the correct way to wake the camera is to half press the shutter. Doing so and then pressing other buttons may thus yield a faster response. Third, maybe increase the delay before the camera goes to sleep so that this doesn't interrupt your photo viewing?
10-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
First of all, are you using a UHS-I memory card? Second, AFAIK the correct way to wake the camera is to half press the shutter. Doing so and then pressing other buttons may thus yield a faster response. Third, maybe increase the delay before the camera goes to sleep so that this doesn't interrupt your photo viewing?
^^^ This for sure. I have tried on my K-1 and the Play button adds additional time as it loads some images to view. Half push of shutter is faster. I also have a longer sleep time set.
10-16-2019, 06:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just tried it here also. Wake-up time is adequate IMO, it has to access the card after all. Seems that my KP might be a tiny bit faster.

10-17-2019, 06:07 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If you're in a situation where you're missing shots, I'd recommend extending the duration before your auto-off kicks in. I'm pretty sure mine is set to 30 minutes.
10-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Strange The camera does not go into sleep mode when I am viewing photos
10-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Were you viewing photos and left it alone for 1 minute? Or whatever your auto-off was set to? I could see it do that if you left it alone long enough.

But if you were going through photos faster than you auto-off time, then I would not expect it to power off. Now maybe the screen would go black, but not power off.