Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Files that won't open in DCU5

Last outing shot about 150 photos. Stuck SD card in computer and saved to two external hard drives. 3 images show thumbnails in DCU but won't open. The progress bar at the bottom of page moves about 1/3 way then stops.Tried both eternal hard drives with no results.

Luckily they are standard shots and I have extras. Camera battery was fully charged. The SD card is a 64g Sandisk bought last month to use with the K-1. The shots are in the middle of the shoot. If it's a bad card it is interesting that later images work fine. images are Raw PEF files. Guess I need keep a second card in the K-1. Any ideas?
Thanks,
barondla

10-18-2019, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Do you have the latest version installed?

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
10-20-2019, 11:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Appear to have the current version. Different day, same SD card and all pictures open fine. Weird.
Thanks,
barondla
10-20-2019, 11:33 PM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Last outing shot about 150 photos. Stuck SD card in computer and saved to two external hard drives. 3 images show thumbnails in DCU but won't open. The progress bar at the bottom of page moves about 1/3 way then stops.Tried both eternal hard drives with no results.

Luckily they are standard shots and I have extras. Camera battery was fully charged. The SD card is a 64g Sandisk bought last month to use with the K-1. The shots are in the middle of the shoot. If it's a bad card it is interesting that later images work fine. images are Raw PEF files. Guess I need keep a second card in the K-1. Any ideas?
Thanks,
barondla
Corrupt, I'd say.

You can put a 64Gb card in Slot One that takes the RAWs and a 32Gb in Slot Two that takes the JPGs - so you shoot RAW+DNG.

10-21-2019, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
You can put a 64Gb card in Slot One that takes the RAWs and a 32Gb in Slot Two that takes the JPGs - so you shoot RAW+DNG.
I suppose that you mean RAW+JPEG
10-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #6

You might reformat the card just in case.
10-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I suppose that you mean RAW+JPEG
Indeed, thank you Frederic!