Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2019, 11:08 PM - 1 Like   #16
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Well, ok; among those who've gotten good results with the K-1, did you test for front/back focusing? And if so, what relationship was there between the "point of aim" and the "point of impact" (if I may use an analogy to pistol-shooting)? Was the subject in focus when you went to look at the picture you've taken?
Yes I tested for front/back focus.

In both cases I had to replace the standard shim that was installed for the OEM viewfinder screen with a replacement shim that came with the screen I'd purchased. I'd have preferred leaving the metal shim in place but then I'd never achieve focus when using the viewfinder.

Tas

11-24-2019, 12:44 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Well, ok; among those who've gotten good results with the K-1, did you test for front/back focusing? And if so, what relationship was there between the "point of aim" and the "point of impact" (if I may use an analogy to pistol-shooting)? Was the subject in focus when you went to look at the picture you've taken?
Yes, tested for front/back focus as well as clarity of the focus. Where you aim will be sharp.

11-24-2019, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Anyone change focusing screen in K-1?
I thought that I would need to to do this to mine, after having Katzeyes and O-ME53s on all my previous DSLR bodies...

However both with the size and greater brightness of the K1 screen, more so especially with fast glass, I seem to have overcome the need to change.

Being an old school manual focus guy perhaps has helped me... as I've soon got into the way of getting this fine camera to perform it's magic for me.

Might I suggest perhaps, a little more practice in honing your skills, might give you the results you desire without having to change. I also believe I remember reading... that changing screens can cause metering issues too.