Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #1

Shutter skipping and failure.

I've just sent my K-1 01 with less than 65,000 shutter clicks back to precision camera for the 2nd time. They replaced the shutter and drive . When it came back it worked fine for 2 days and did the SAME thing again.
I shoot on High speed continuous and the shutter will SKIP or get stuck open.
Has anyone else had this issue?

01-12-2020, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #2

I purchased a used K1 Mark II and very randomly I will get a blank viewfinder after a photo. It will resolve itself when I turn the camera off and back on. I then hear it release itself and all is good. I only have 42,000 shutter actuations, and I thought I might have bought someone's lemon. Happy in a way, to hear it's not just my camera. A firmware update may resolve this? But mine is all up to date and I don't know if another update will happen.
01-13-2020, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

My MII does the same thing, but it is always the first shot after not using it for a while.. but not always. Like you say. Random.
01-13-2020, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Beware of activating the pixel shift in accident. It will make shutter look like stuck and result in a black screen when exposure times are longer. I have done this too many times unintentionally.

02-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by neal_grillot Quote
My MII does the same thing, but it is always the first shot after not using it for a while.. but not always. Like you say. Random.
It's making me want to give up on Pentax all together and switch brands!

---------- Post added 02-03-20 at 03:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by outdoorsman Quote
I purchased a used K1 Mark II and very randomly I will get a blank viewfinder after a photo. It will resolve itself when I turn the camera off and back on. I then hear it release itself and all is good. I only have 42,000 shutter actuations, and I thought I might have bought someone's lemon. Happy in a way, to hear it's not just my camera. A firmware update may resolve this? But mine is all up to date and I don't know if another update will happen.
I'm almost sure mine is a lemon!
02-03-2020, 01:35 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DawnHoweth Quote
Has anyone else had this issue?
Your issue is with Precision. Apparently they did not properly diagnose and repair your camera. Send it back. If this was a warranty repair, perhaps a replacement from Ricoh is in order.

Steve
02-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Your issue is with Precision. Apparently they did not properly diagnose and repair your camera. Send it back. If this was a warranty repair, perhaps a replacement from Ricoh is in order.

Steve
Steve, Finally got someone in Sr. Management to help me at Precision. Sent them camera yesterday. We'll see what happens this time. Third time is a charm.

02-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #8

Steve, Finally got someone in Sr. Management to help me at Precision. Sent them camera yesterday. We'll see what happens this time. Third time is a charm.
Please keep us posted as I’m about to send mine in as well!
02-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yay! I hope this goes well for you!

Steve
02-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #10

Original Poster
Please keep us posted as I’m about to send mine in as well!
Just got a call and a Service Engineer that is familiar with Pentax found an issue with the Mirror Drive/Motor assembly? They are replacing it and sending it back to me. Fingers crossed.
02-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #11

Just got a call and a Service Engineer that is familiar with Pentax found an issue with the Mirror Drive/Motor assembly? They are replacing it and sending it back to me. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing what they say.

---------- Post added 02-06-20 at 03:46 PM ----------

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing what they say.
Also if you hear what the EXACT fix is, please let us know so we can help other people be led in the same direction