Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2020, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Update: finally found a shop that could clean the sensor. They tried the the same wet cleaning method I did first with no success. Next they used this ROR Residual Oil Remover (2.0 oz) VV-ROR2 B&H Photo Video one swipe with a swab, spots gone. I also now have a bottle of this in my cleaning kit.
Great result! I wouldn't be using it regularly though.

04-19-2021, 09:26 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by landofcourtness Quote
I really like this product! For $20, you get 12 swabs + cleaner. I purchased it back in 2018, and I still have 7 of them. It's perfectly cut to fit the full-frame sensor (they have other sizes too), and its perfectly cleaned it each time. Works for my K-1i anyways. It's a pretty good deal!

amazon.com : VSGO DDR24 DSLR or SLR Camera Full-Frame Sensor Cleaning Kit (12 X 24mm Sensor Cleaning Swabs + 15ml Sensor Cleaner) : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Been using this for a few years. Also, I got this to check out the sensor.

amazon.com : Carson Camera Sensor Magnifier - 4.5 x 30mm (SM-44) : Magnifiers : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
05-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Negative experience with the pentax gum stick here.. some parts broke off and moved to the "sensor" and I had to send the camera for service
05-07-2021, 05:03 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Negative experience with the pentax gum stick here.. some parts broke off and moved to the "sensor" and I had to send the camera for service
I've read reports of this happening before, and in thinking back on last year's problems. Even with a sensor scope I couldnt determine for sure what the remaining stubbon spots were. There's been times when I questioned if the spot from Hell might not have been the same thing. I would be very reluctant to use it again.