Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
D-BG6 Battery Grip

Simple question : does a new D-BG6 Battery Grip come with the D-Li90 battery? I seem to recall seeing somewhere that it did, but none of the reviews or dealers adverts mention it. A separate battery costs about a third as much as the grip, so it is quite significant.

Pentax Battery Grip D-BG6 for Pentax K-1 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

02-25-2020, 03:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, it does not come with a battery.
02-25-2020, 04:38 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

however if the D-Li90 is too expensive you can use AA batteries in the grip:

QuoteQuote:
Description:
Weather-sealed battery grip for the Pentax K-1. Includes a tray that can hold a second D-Li90 battery as well as tray that can hold 6 AA batteries.
Read more at: Pentax Battery Grip D-BG6 for Pentax K-1 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-25-2020 at 04:49 AM.
02-25-2020, 05:42 AM   #4
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Simple question : does a new D-BG6 Battery Grip come with the D-Li90 battery? I seem to recall seeing somewhere that it did, but none of the reviews or dealers adverts mention it. A separate battery costs about a third as much as the grip, so it is quite significant.

Pentax Battery Grip D-BG6 for Pentax K-1 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Sometimes Ricoh is generous: if you buy a Limited Edition they include an extra battery in the limited set offer (Silver Limited Editions of K-3 and K-1, for instance). Some third parties include an extra battery with the grip.

02-25-2020, 06:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I had heard someone talking about their Limited Edition outfit and they did not realise that a battery is not normally supplied with the grip.

My thinking is that if my D-Li90 battery expires in 10-15 years time, and they are no longer obtainable for some reason by then, I would be able to continue with AAs in the battery grip. Having said that, the Li-ion battery in my K10D was still going strong after 12 years, and the D-Li90 is not unique to the K-1 (AFAIK it also fits K-01, K-7, K-70, K-5, K-5 II) so there should be a demand for it for some time to come.
02-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . the D-Li90 is not unique to the K-1 (AFAIK it also fits K-01, K-7, K-70, K-5, K-5 II) so there should be a demand for it for some time to come.
close

QuoteQuote:
Description:
Lithium-Ion battery as delivered with the camera. Fits the K-1, K-3, K-5, K-7, K-01, 645D and 645Z.

The battery is also found labeled as D-LI90(E). There is no difference between the two other than the labeling.

1860 mAh 7.2V
Read more at: Pentax D-LI90 Rechargeable Battery for K-1, K-3, K-5, K-7, K-01 and 645D reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
02-29-2020, 11:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I had heard someone talking about their Limited Edition outfit and they did not realise that a battery is not normally supplied with the grip.

My thinking is that if my D-Li90 battery expires in 10-15 years time, and they are no longer obtainable for some reason by then, I would be able to continue with AAs in the battery grip. Having said that, the Li-ion battery in my K10D was still going strong after 12 years, and the D-Li90 is not unique to the K-1 (AFAIK it also fits K-01, K-7, K-70, K-5, K-5 II) so there should be a demand for it for some time to come.
If you buy a normal Black coloured grip, no battery is included, BUT if you buy the K1/K3 Limited Edition cameras that come with the grip, 2 batteries are included in the purchase.

That was what I got when I bought the K3 Limited Edition camera.

Cheers. . .