Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2020, 06:46 AM   #1

Bracketing for antialiasing filter with selftimer 2s

When I use the bracketing for antialiasing filter with 2s, the mirror goes up, the camera is waiting 2s and then took the first picture. That's what I have expected. It's a settle down time for the tripod.

But for the second and the third picture, the camera does not wait 2s after lifting the mirror. No settle down time for the tripod.

I'm surprised. What I have expected is, that the camera waits 2s before every pictures. As it does when bracketing the time or the aperture.

Does anyone know the reason for this behavior ?

02-29-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you're referring to auto-bracketing with the camera taking a series of shots, are you sure the mirror went down after the first shot? It probably stayed up, hence the lack of need for a delay. Only the shutter is activated in that case. The initial 2s delay is the delay you dialed in for the sequence to start, and the mirror drops after the last shot. Just my guess though.
02-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by siegbert Quote
Why would you want the picture to be tack sharp by having 2s wait time after the mirror goes down, when the anti-alias filter emulation is taking place?
The role of the anti-alias filter emulation is the blur the image falling on the sensor so that moiré patterns don't appear.
02-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siegbert Quote
This one requires some undocumented steps to set up and it goes like this:
  • Set Menu C2 12. One Push Bracket to "ON"
  • Set Self-timer drive mode to 2s, push OK
  • Set Bracket with timer for desired bracket set
  • Press the shutter
The timer retains its most recent setting.

Oops! I missed the anti-alias part. Try combining with interval feature or an external intervalometer? I don't believe that behavior is supported. You get a three exposure burst regardless and AA bracketing is not compatible with pretty much anything else.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-29-2020 at 04:55 PM.