Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2020, 01:21 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I think I prefer the idea of going to the seaside this weekend and trying it out while eating fish and chips. Actually...that's what I'll do!

08-16-2020, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
I did as I said and last night, after a magnificent day of moody sunshine and wonderfully atmospheric patchy fog, I got my camera out just too late and took two very uninteresting panoramas. On one I used the camera's electronic level as a guide and on the other I used the ball head's bubble level. The results are dull, inconclusive and, annoyingly, useless as I can't remember which was which! I can't upload them at the moment and you're missing nothing other than to say either way is perfectly acceptable!
08-16-2020, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #18

If you are going to the seaside, why not use the horizon as a level reference.
08-17-2020, 03:18 AM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yes, absolutely, but this was just an opportunity to see which was the most accurate level. It was just ironic that it was the one place that didn't need any additional help to get a level shot!