Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2020, 03:03 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As others have said, zooming in that much will show a pixelated view. Unlikely that you will see this in a print at normal viewing distance. If you do find that you want to "up-res" your photos because you are printing really big, there is software that can sometimes help, like Gigapixel AI from Topaz labs. But I think for 1 meter on the long side prints you should be OK.

10-13-2020, 03:22 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
OP. Are you sure that you're not just seeing air-borne seeds or similar captured in the photo?
It was snowing when I took this photo
10-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
I used to look at raw files at 200 or 400%, until it was pointed out how pointless it was. If it ain’t crisp at 100% then it won’t be sharp at larger magnification, so I don’t do that anymore.
Generally I agree, but there are times when I will examine an image at more than 100%. However there I am doing so as a qualitative evaluation of a lens likely for astro shooting so I want to see where the lens gets to its best and see what types of chromatic aberrations I am getting and how big they actually are so counting pixels becomes important. After that I don't bother and just take note of where things get acceptable and where they are the best. that isn't something I do every day and once done I likely won't ever view things shot with that lens at more than 100% unless I am working with a heavy crop and trying to get it so it doesn't look too blocky while still giving enough sharpness or working on doing some noise reduction on a very noisy image and trying to not lose fine details in the process.