Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #1

Leitex zeiss conversion help

Hi guys hoping someone can help
Ive got k-1 and havea Zeiss 25mm f2.8 im converting to the k-1 Ive followed the instructions on leitex website but when i take the aperture ring off there is no locking aperture ring button on this particular lens it is zf 1 not zf2 should i just carry on the process anyone who knows please let me know
and allso im going to use 150 grit waterproof sand paper

Last edited by andy271; 04-17-2021 at 03:07 AM.
04-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think Fenwoodian is the resident expert around here on the Leitax conversions -- maybe send him a pm.
04-16-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
I think Fenwoodian is the resident expert around here on the Leitax conversions -- maybe send him a pm.
I agree, drop Fenwoodian a line. I also think he dropped some Leitax adaptor information in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/227446-carl-zeiss-t-zk-mo...ro-planar.html so have a Bo Peep here too.

Good luck with the conversion. A fun lens to use. Produces great colour and is good for close focusing too.

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 04-17-2021 at 04:13 AM.
04-17-2021, 03:07 AM   #4

Original Poster
yes tas ive sent a message before now but never got a reply ive emailed david at leitex so hopefully he can help i think its fairly straight forward im guessing the zf2 have the locking button but the zf dont

04-17-2021, 04:28 AM   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andy271 Quote
yes tas ive sent a message before now but never got a reply ive emailed david at leitex so hopefully he can help i think its fairly straight forward im guessing the zf2 have the locking button but the zf dont
No Worries, I've not seen much posting by Dave on the forums of late, though I have seen his posts on Flickr if you've not tried there.

Apologies too, I meant to add a link to the Zeiss ZK thread in case you'd not seen that one, though I expect you have if you're Leitaxing a Zeiss.

The commentary regarding adding the Leitax mount on ZF/ZF2 lenses from Fenwoodian start on this page: Carl Zeiss T* ZK mounts (Distagon, Planar, Makro-Planar) - Page 22 - PentaxForums.com and he discusses details over several posts.

There's a lot of info from page 22 onwards, so between the info in the thread and David from Leitax I'm sure you'll be sorted soon. Hope you post some shots in the Zeiss thread too. Actually, I might go and do that myself.

Hooroo mate,

Tas.
04-17-2021, 05:08 AM   #6

Original Poster
yes tas i will let you know .i did a 28mm zeiss contax and its superb but as ive got the 28 zeiss zk and the nikon zf i want to compare all of them and see if there are any differences with them the insides seem to be slightly different for each lens ill donate to the site and that way i can post some pics the leitex adapter is very well made but instruction could be a bit better based on varients of the lenses
04-23-2021, 10:18 AM   #7

Original Poster
still no one able to shed some light on the different versions

04-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I have converted few .ZF1 lenses. For example a .ZF1 28/2 I have here right now. It does not have an aperture locking system. I did not encounter any problems during the conversion other than one lost ball bearing...a replacement came with the adapter though. You can skip all .ZF2 related parts of this guide:

http://leitax.com/conversion/Nikon-Pentax/ZeissZF-Pentax/index.html

Just follow the guide for the parts that are present in your .ZF1 lens.
04-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #9

Original Poster
thanks MJKoski i will follow the guide
04-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Leitax has been extremely nice when it comes to support. For example, David made a custom version of the adapter for my full-spectrum K-1 which did not have register distance exactly right after the conversion.
04-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #11

Original Poster
yes david is a great guy quality adapters