Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2021, 12:01 PM   #16

Original Poster
update guys decided to send camera to pentax service so hopefully will know if the af has a problem will report back

04-27-2021, 12:08 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by andy271 Quote
update guys decided to send camera to pentax service so hopefully will know if the af has a problem will report back
Good luck. Is it in warranty or are you paying?
04-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #18

Original Poster
Hi kevin out of warranty i was in touch with zeiss in germany and one of there tech heads said proberly not the lens
After showi g him some photos i have taken.im collecting the zeiss zk lenses but one time waster on this forum
Has made me very angry
05-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #19

Original Poster
Hi guys just an update for people who think i was proberly goin over the top with my tests. The technician said yes front focusing so it will take around 1 to 2 weeks to get the camera back ive got a good eye for faults and new there was something not rite anyhow will repot back after the camera has been fixed

05-05-2021, 04:57 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by andy271 Quote
The zeiss is razer sharp so the debug mode does work
The debug mode will provide a larger adjustment range. However, if all your lenses require that large an adjustment, it would certainly appear that the camera is slightly out of calibration. It sounds like the service centre also agrees, and hopefully everything will be spot on when you get the camera back. Looking forward to your next update with hopefully good news.

Last edited by reduno; 05-05-2021 at 05:05 PM.
05-06-2021, 06:14 AM   #21

Original Poster
thanks reduno hopefully everything will be ok a superb camera the k-1
05-18-2021, 03:02 PM   #22

Original Poster
Hi guys getting my k-1 back tommorow after being calibrated ,ive got a z7 and allso the same 35mm f2 zeiss and there is a particular tree with a certain type of folige and i cant for the life of me get a sharp image its very strange if i get a chance i will post some photos with different cameras i have including hasselblad 907x fugi gfx 100s all with great quality lenses and z7 nikon d850 and my lovely k-1 lol out off all the cameras my fav for colour to me alone is k-1 and hassy

Last edited by andy271; 05-19-2021 at 01:19 PM.
05-21-2021, 12:46 PM - 2 Likes   #23

Original Poster
Hi guys because the weather has been dreadful haven’t been able totest the camera fully but indoor shots hand held with the Zeiss 35mmf2 are superb and exactly were i focused its like having a new camera
So a big thanks goes to john Pye technical for calibrating the camera
I have so many cameras and lenses that i have now reevaluated things some lenses i will never sell as they are ultra rare but my cameras have been interesting fugi gfx 100s i am selling to my friend with all the fugi lenses at first i liked the camera but the ergonomics for me i wasn’t keen on
Nikon z7 with some of my Minolta lenses and Yashica lenses is really good but one problem i have is evf eye strain and the same with the fugi i don’t really need to keep them so both are going
This may surprise some people but there just not for me hasselblad 907x i am keeping as the colour reproduction is amazing i managed to get all the Zeiss zkmount lenses of a friend in japan so im now happy i have the full collection for Pentax Nikon d850 i also am keeping as i like the optical viewfinder ergonomics and wildlife lenses
But for some reason i have this love affair with Pentax and i am keeping my k-1 and nearly bought another k1-mk2 but because of the magenta cast and i decided just to wait for now i have far to many things
I don’t know if any other members have the mirroless cameras but the evf for me is a no go when i think about it an organic light emitting diode 1 inch away from your eye cant be good the one think i loved about the gfx and the z7 was older glass and mf but now my k-1 is calibrated im super impressed at how good this camera is and to be honest my favourite lenses are the 31mm Ltd the 43mm Ltd and the 77mm Ltd i also converted my contax collection with leitex adapter but will end up selling them as i know have the full set of zk
at the end of the day having all this gear makes no difference i need to get out there and start capturing those moments
I'm glad Pentax haven’t gone mirroless as the evf for me and my eyes give me dreadful headaches
Ive compared the k-1with pixel shift vs gfx and hasselblad and to me the pixel shift images have that fine edge detail that the other cameras haven’t got yes gfx is medium format to an extent but field of view isn’tthe end of the world for the money the Pentax k-1 is incredible
i am very lucky to be able to own all these cameras but at the end of the day taking photos is what counts