Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2021, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What kind of light fixture is that?

The new LED bulbs we have in street lights where I am have multiple LEDs, which makes for very strange shadows through the leaves on the trees...

I'd expect something similar for starbursts...

So if there is more than one light source, I would expect multiple lines... but for a single source, I'd only expect a single line at each point...

-Eric

05-31-2021, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A shim is a tin piece of material to take up/fill the extra space. Adding a 1mm shim to a Nikon lens let’s it sit at the correct distance so everything aligns on the focus ring when mounted on a k mount. I prefer to leave the shim off. I just don’t worry about the focus ring lining up. It’s also not something I routinely do.

The double line starburst is clearly due to the source light. Either the shape or the number of bulbs. I have some shots where light sources were close together that have cleaner examples of that effect.

IMGP6134_DxO by -vanya_42nd-

Exposure and overall lighting matter. You need a good deal of contrast to show off the rays. Best when a light is isolated against a dark background and you can stop down.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 05-31-2021 at 07:49 AM.
06-11-2021, 01:07 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
Update: Wanted to thank you all for your input, you guys really helped me out. I also checked the lens suggested (Voigtlænder), interesting choice for sure. (Un)fortunately, the 15 limited still controls my mind, and in this case, also my wallet

Bought the lens (and a 28 70 Sigma 2.8, which he also had, 150 euros, as a poor man's dfa 24 70). Beautifully sharp, contrast and colors are the attributes I really missed, after I had sold this lens before, and now this setup really makes the K1 takealong kit comfortably compact.

Starbursts will be (more thoroughly) tested on an urbex tour tonight.

What some guys said previously is correct, the double lines were from the light sources (and the way the seller made the shot, angle, etc.)

By what I could measure now, usable image area is around 17-18mm on FF equ..
06-11-2021, 01:49 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HK site not accessable?

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I bought a new one 5 years ago from here.... PK mount.... I notice they still have them for $539 euro c : Hong Kong Buy and Sell Limited

I notice they have pk mount 40's as well. My purchase from them went smoothly.

I bought an ebay generic hood.
that link does not work for me , I am just getting :
"index.php"

or:

"
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

06-11-2021, 02:03 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
that link does not work for me , I am just getting :
"index.php"

or:

"
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
I guess they sold the item out, and simply deactivated it on site. Worked 2 weeks ago
06-11-2021, 07:06 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AlexanderS Quote
I guess they sold the item out, and simply deactivated it on site. Worked 2 weeks ago
yes... not working for me now either .... whole site seems gone...... mystery!