Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
07-23-2021, 02:28 AM   #31
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by norwegianoutdoors Quote
Maybe the DSLRs do, it's been a while since I used the D850. But both Nikon and Canon are now doing mirrorless first and foremost. I don't remember how the Z7 does, it's been a while, but the Canon R5 I have in front of me does not beep, and the focus guide only works with manual lenses with electronic connection... I was mainly comparing the focus comfirmation of the K-1 to the newer cameras though, newer cameras are, without the exception of K3iii - mirrorless..
But if you have mirrorless there is tons of other focusing aids in the viewfinder so no need for beeps the old way.

07-23-2021, 04:22 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Oh dear... does this mean I'm more "doomed" than Pentax?
Not Pentax, but Fuji X-T1 had a digital split screen to help with manual focus lenses. They removed in in newer models (XT2, XT3, XT4)... Hence my statement about no effort being make on digital camera design to make manual focus of old lenses a joy.
07-23-2021, 04:40 AM   #33
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Not Pentax, but Fuji X-T1 had a digital split screen to help with manual focus lenses. They removed in in newer models (XT2, XT3, XT4)... Hence my statement about no effort being make on digital camera design to make manual focus of old lenses a joy.
Strange that they removed it since it is still in the X-T30 model.
07-23-2021, 04:42 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Strange that they removed it since it is still in the X-T30 model.
I haven't check the xt30, but I noticed digital split screen was easier to use than focus peaking, but noticed it was removed... why? I have no idea.

07-23-2021, 05:29 AM   #35
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
But if you have mirrorless there is tons of other focusing aids in the viewfinder so no need for beeps the old way.
That's the point of the whole thread my friend. I'm saying that for me personally, they're not as effective as the focus comfirmation. Most people use focus peaking out of the options available on mirrorless cameras. I guess it's about taste, but for me focus peaking for subject photography is less effective

---------- Post added 07-23-21 at 05:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I haven't check the xt30, but I noticed digital split screen was easier to use than focus peaking, but noticed it was removed... why? I have no idea.
I have the X-T30 too, and allthough the split screen was nice, to me it was mostly nostalgic, but again all of this is subjective I guess different things work better for different people
07-23-2021, 09:26 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by norwegianoutdoors Quote
I have the X-T30 too, and allthough the split screen was nice, to me it was mostly nostalgic, but again all of this is subjective I guess different things work better for different people
For me , the split screen works great, beats focus peaking anytime (maybe not so much in digital, but for film cameras yes.).
07-25-2021, 11:34 AM   #37
Unregistered User

I have never understood focus peaking, it has never been very accurate so I never use it. (This is the same for Fuji.)