Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I bought a k1, which I want more.

I am a new owner of K1 (which is added to my beloved apsc k30 and k70) , and I am very happy with it. At the moment I will use it almost exclusively with my 31, then we will see which of the three remaining FA limited will keep him company first. I also forgot my DA 12-24 is happy to be used on FF, and also the K, M, and A ...

Quanto prima metterò qualche pessima foto!

07-21-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nonpigliounoshoot Quote
I am a new owner of K1 (which is added to my beloved apsc k30 and k70) , and I am very happy with it. At the moment I will use it almost exclusively with my 31, then we will see which of the three remaining FA limited will keep him company first. I also forgot my DA 12-24 is happy to be used on FF, and also the K, M, and A ...

The 31 on a full frame is a marvel. The 12-24 is fine for some uses but in my testing not past about 18mm and happier at 20. The lack of a full frame correction profile also limits it a bit. My ff shooting is on the Sony A7riii. The 28mm FE with conversion lens is a 21mm f2.8 that seems to rival or exceed what I can do with the 12-24 on that camera. To be fair, extensive testing hasn’t occurred.

As for the other fa limited primes the 77 is really nice on ff. The 43? I’m not sure yet.
07-21-2021, 09:26 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Of course, I have to say, the DFA 28-105 is a great lens. But it sounds like you're not a zoom guy, so maybe not that is not relevant.
07-21-2021, 09:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Of course, I have to say, the DFA 28-105 is a great lens. But it sounds like you're not a zoom guy, so maybe not that is not relevant.
you said it!

---------- Post added 07-21-21 at 09:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The 31 on a full frame is a marvel. The 12-24 is fine for some uses but in my testing not past about 18mm and happier at 20. The lack of a full frame correction profile also limits it a bit. My ff shooting is on the Sony A7riii. The 28mm FE with conversion lens is a 21mm f2.8 that seems to rival or exceed what I can do with the 12-24 on that camera. To be fair, extensive testing hasn’t occurred.

As for the other fa limited primes the 77 is really nice on ff. The 43? I’m not sure yet.
yes I have already checked, at 18 it is at the limit, but on FF I do not think I will ever go below 20 so for now it is fine. I will want to add 43 and 77 next year, probably 77 first because I have two vintage 50mm and they are just fine for now. For everything else there is apsc ... for now.

07-21-2021, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

I have a Rokinon 14 2.8 and a Sigma 24 macro, both of which I'd recommend.

The DA*200 and DFA 100 macro are also favourites.

Last edited by normhead; 07-21-2021 at 10:23 AM.
07-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

you said it!

---------- Post added 07-21-21 at 09:48 AM ----------

yes I have already checked, at 18 it is at the limit, but on FF I do not think I will ever go below 20 so for now it is fine. I will want to add 43 and 77 next year, probably 77 first because I have two vintage 50mm and they are just fine for now. For everything else there is apsc ... for now.
Makes sense. I have an f 50 f1.7, an fa 50 f1.4, a da 55 f1.4 and the fa 43 f1.9. Of these I’m undecided which is better on either format.
07-21-2021, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Makes sense. I have an f 50 f1.7, an fa 50 f1.4, a da 55 f1.4 and the fa 43 f1.9. Of these I’m undecided which is better on either format.
The DA* 55 1.4 is one of my "must have" lenses for the K-1.
The out of focus area rendering is outstanding, even if a little teeny tiny bit weaker than the D FA* 50 1.4.

Very sharp, great contrast, smooth out o focus area.

07-21-2021, 11:52 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The DA* 55 1.4 is one of my "must have" lenses for the K-1.
The out of focus area rendering is outstanding, even if a little teeny tiny bit weaker than the D FA* 50 1.4.

Very sharp, great contrast, smooth out o focus area.
On my KP it shines. On my A7riii I haven’t really explored it. I have not been heavily pushing boundaries of performance on the Sony including out of focus rendering.
07-21-2021, 12:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks a lot guys all too kind,don't get me caught by other monkeys.
At the moment I don't want to buy anything else, after all it's a hobby, and for this year I have already given more than I thought (k1, 15 limited, 24mm k). For what I mainly practice I have never had any need for bright lenses and I don't like focal lengths below 20 mm (on FF). Do not let me get on other cravings, my road map is already drawn (43, 77 and if anything new 21). Already now I would have seen a 43 at a good price as well as a 55 Helios with K attack that I would be really curious to try (over a 50 1.2 K, a 100 DFA, etc ...)

when pentax will truly dead I still have a lot to try.
07-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We all want to welcome you the the LA (lenses anonymous) club where all members will do everything in their power to help you develop your lens addiction to the fullest. It's only here that you can come to know the lenses out there that you don't already have, and you can be sure it's important that you add these to your collection!

Most of us can lament about the lenses we have and why you should have them, but there are a few members who will post photos taken with those lenses just to make your mouth water. Only one rule, don't tell your significant other that you belong to this club unless they are into photography as well (in which case give us their e-mail and we will send an application). Our motto: YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH LENSES!!

What we don't want to hear "after all, it's just a hobby"; "I already have too many lenses"; "that's too short (or too long) a focal length for me"; and finally, "I have a lens just like that one"

Seriously: Get a feel for what you want to shoot most of the time and tailor your lens addiction toward that application, but don't fail to come here for advice because there will always be someone to provide it.

Last edited by Bob 256; 07-21-2021 at 05:47 PM.
07-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If looking for a new friend for the 31ltd I really like the 77ltd mostly because I like telephotos and I really like how it renders.
probably 77 first because I have two vintage 50mm and they are just fine for now
If you want another 50 the A 50/1.2 is also a really great lens with similar rendering to the 77 but faster and glowy wide open (fun effect). I have a bunch of 50s and 55s and after movign to digital they kind of lost their magic until I got the 1.2 and found that I really like the rendering. So get the 77 realize you like its rendering and then go find an A 50/1.2.
07-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I love the FA 31 but the FA 43 is also a great focal length on the K-1! Very general purpose (more so than the FA31 for my uses).
I have the FA43 on my K-1 the most of all my lenses.
As others have said the DFA28-105, is also a very handy lens (particularly when traveling or in bad weather).

Oh and I have recently been spending time with a A50 f1.2 on my K-1 and enjoying it. I think 43mm is more versatile than 50mm but the creative potential of the f1.2 is fun and image quality from f1.4 impressive (certainly much better than my FA 50 f1.4 at f1.4).
07-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
We all want to welcome you the the LA (lenses anonymous) club where all members will do everything in their power to help you develop your lens addiction to the fullest. It's only here that you can come to know the lenses out there that you don't already have, and you can be sure it's important that you add these to your collection!

Most of use can lament about the lenses we have and why you should have them, but there are a few members who will post photos taken with those lenses just to make your mouth water. Only one rule, don't tell your significant other that you belong to this club unless they are into photography as well (in which case give us their e-mail and we will send an application). Our motto: YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH LENSES!!

What we don't want to hear "after all, it's just a hobby"; "I already have too many lenses"; "that's too short (or too long) a focal length for me"; and finally, "I have a lens just like that one"

Seriously: Get a feel for what you want to shoot most of the time and tailor your lens addiction toward that application, but don't fail to come here for advice because there will always be someone to provide it.
loud and clear message. I share. Mine was a gradual journey, I've never sold a lens; undoubtedly I have a fetishist component ... but I also have quite clear ideas.

I can resist everything but temptation. (O.Wilde) but the wallet also matters.

Thanks again.
07-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #14

Photos: Albums
a 55 Helios with K attack that I would be really curious to try
I have four of these Helios lenses, in M42 and K, they are probably my favourites. Very good image quality and, of course, that fabulous swirl when wide open.
07-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

nice to meet you!!!
looking forward to your pessima foto