Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2021, 05:27 AM   #46
Pentaxian

The problem is not to get out, but to be able to face the next day... 😵
Thanks for the encouraging words anyway, one day I might act on it!

11-27-2021, 04:46 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
It's true that the K-1 mk ii bakes in noise reduction to raw images above ISO 640. When I rented one a few years ago I didn't notice any issues from it in my images

Craigbob -these images are bloody fantastic - well done! Your stuff is approaching the best that CCDers do... and am really impressed. Keep it up! Also thanks for sharing these. Nice to see what Pentax can do. (Yeah, am suffering from too many clouds here near Toronto...)
11-29-2021, 10:30 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Craigbob -these images are bloody fantastic - well done! Your stuff is approaching the best that CCDers do... and am really impressed. Keep it up! Also thanks for sharing these. Nice to see what Pentax can do. (Yeah, am suffering from too many clouds here near Toronto...)
Thank you fo the kind words. I've been working on this stuff for over 20 years now and I think I finally have the acquisition part figured out. now I've been working on my processing stills.

The K-1 always amazes me in what it can capture. I've got a couple of cooled astro cameras as well, but they require the use of a computer to capture the data and have much smaller chips, so I don't use them as frequently as I should.

I long for the day of a standalone cooled astro camera that doesn't require a computer/laptop for capture stuff. I know there's cooling kits for DSLRS but those are bulky and chew up a lot of battery power.
12-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #49
Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks for posting this, I got a lot out of reading the thread!

12-27-2021, 06:54 AM - 5 Likes   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Comet Leonard on Christmas Eve in NW Florida.

Pentax K-1 ii using "astrotracer" with Pentax 300mm f/4 @f4, ISO 800, 20 sec. Stacked with Deep Sky Stacker and processed with StarTools and Photoshop Elements 21.
Attached Images

12-27-2021, 07:36 AM   #51

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'm glad everyone's enjoying this thread

Since starting it and then having bought the K1 mkII around July I managed to get started with Astro.

Here are some examples: Update your browser to use Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, and Forms - Google Drive Help

By far they are not the results I want but there are a few issues which I'm still trying to sort out and work through. Not to mention still waiting on delivery of a tripod which was ordered in November
At the moment it feels like trying to drive with your eyes closed or totally blind....

I can say that the K1 ii really rocks as a camera and for astro whether it's wide field or deep sky is an unbelievable camera.

In the astro group there are many people starting out and their initial results simply blow mine away. Even using the 28-105mm zoom the results are fantastic!

If you have a good mount, a good location and even a mild amount of talent you will not be disappointed. Unfortunately I have none of the things mentioned so my journey will be long and painful